Infiltration and StrikeForce

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
C

Catalyst

Enough flaming of mods here, there is no reason to say one sucks or whatever. Just play the one you have more fun with, or find to be a more enjoyable experience. Obviously there is some competition here, but that only fuels better mods, so no problem there. As long as we keep it fair, open, and honest... no "did you see Strike Force's stupid gun model?" kind of posts. I don't condone that, so let's just keep the posts constructive and keep to yourself which you think is the better mod.

Thanks.

T

Toysrme

hmm to go along with the throw you buddy some spare 200 round boxes of ammunition deal. go to where he want's to set up and weatrher he can carry it or not juz throw the ammo near where's he's stationd if he needs it he can crawl or turn and get it. leaving you free to not be his personal ammo toter and him to be able to leave quicker without haveing a sack full of ammo. ofcourcee y u would retreat when u got boxes of ammo i don't know=)

question

will saw be able to fire m16 clips also? do u know or will wee wait and see.

W

Warren

We'll see on the M16 clips- I'm not ruling it out, but we have to balance realism for 'will this slow my PII400 down to a crawl' too many polys, even though not visible, means more calculations by your CPU.. heh- our M249 ain't exactly a box and 2 sticks now.. /infopop/emoticons\icon_wink.gif

B

Billdog

Oh no, please no!.. Tell me that you don't have to include all the attachments on the gun in the same model, without telling me a lie, please do. And a distant memory of the KHG 1st person modles tryes to brake threw.

T

Toysrme

really? wow. it wouldn't slow me down=)

i'm getting 90+ avg with a v770u and a v550. LoL! p2 350 oc 450.

that's with eeverything on btw

W

Warren

hehe

in order for the 1st person model to make use of any attachment, it has to be included in the animations. Also, if we have M249's using M16/M4 clips, that means another M249 third person and pick models- which isn't really a big deal.

T

Toysrme

ah. i'd suit me fine just to still see the box on the side and my ammo read 30 rounds till i'm out. i was juz wondering if yall had thought any about it.

warren u da man =)

B

Beppo

It's sure that SF and Inf are in some sort of competition. But if you take a closer look on both you can see that they just have some parts that seem to be the same. ie the weapons. SF has real weapons like Inf. But we have to wait and see what exactly SF will gonna be (hehe a rhyme). I don't want to start voting for any of the two, that's sure. We can need some competition, even if its not 100% the same thing. One sentence in this post makes this clear for my part:
"...They appear to be going for more of a "Japanamation" look rather than realism..."
When you look at the (btw. cool) artwork, you will notice that SF looks a bit like a manga comic. That's not ment as criticism! As said above: We have to wait and see...
Each mod/TC will get players that will love it, but each of them will!
So, no reason to 'vote' for one of them, they will be totally different at the end, I'm sure /infopop/emoticons\icon_wink.gif
cya,

------------------
Beppo - ControledDeath
Infiltration coder

S

ShakKen

'Manga'? It looks more 'Image' comic style. Frankly, American comics are a waste of time. Poorly drawn, badly written, shallow and uninteresting.

Likening that kind of art to manga is insulting.

Many mangas ei: Appleseed/GITS are deep and epic and have high levels of realism or resemblence to modern day combat and politics. The anime Gunsmith Cat's for example, had real gunshot sounds recorded for the corresponding weapons. Even the car driven in the anime had it's engines recorded from it's real life counterpart(A Cobra GT mind you!).

[This message has been edited by ShakKen (edited 01-17-2000).]

R

Repairman_Jack

Yeah, American titles like Ronin, Watchman, Dark Knight Returns, Year 1, Preacher, Swamp Thing:American Gothic, Green Arrow's & Green Lantern's Quest, Dark Phoenix Saga, The Treachery of Tara Markov(The New Titans). Sandman, The Original Spiderman Clone Cycle, Electra/Daredevil; all of these are obviously crap according to your standards. The thing about manga, is that the stuff that gets translated to english, is usually the absolute cream of the crop, in the US we normally just don't get to see the truly lame stuff.

------------------
SEZ
Jon
--an armed society is a
polite society-

I

INF_Neo

It doesn't matter if mangas are good or not. If SF uses them they won't be comparable to INF what realism concerns (to all you freaks out there: such women do not exist. 150-40-90 is not real if you are not a Barbie doll /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif )

------------------

"It is not the critic who counts, not the one who points out how the strong man
stumbled or how the doer of deeds might have done them better. The credit belongs to
the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred with sweat and dust and
blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the
great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause; who, if he
wins, knows the triumph of high achievement; and who, if he fails, at least fails while
daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who
know neither victory nor defeat."

- "The Man in the Arena"

B

Billdog

If 150-40-90 ain't real we got to make it so! Igor, find a female specimen and bring her and my "Little surgeon" kit to the laboratory at midnight! I will have the final mad laugher this time...

------------------

"What about all the people who sacrifices everything to let "The Man in The Arena" be the hero, and picks him up from the dust when he don't?"

T

ThrasherX9

hmmm, you took it the wrong way, i never put down infl., i simply said i THINK that SF will be better. Ummm, isnt that what this thread was about, which one will be better! i simply stated my opinion. Iam looking foward to infl. YOU GOT THE WRONG IDEA! hey here is a Q. When you release the 2.? beta, will it only have the weapon models, or will it have new skins and ect... and maps? or is that for the 3.0 release?

------------------
Time to kick a$$ and chew bubble gum, and im all out of gum.-Duke Nukem

D

disturbed

:: Ponders how anyone with 513 posts could have missed the fact that 2.7 will have just the weapons and models that were in 2.6 and nothing more. No new maps, no new meshes, no new weapons, no new nothing. ::

Hurrumph.

------------------
Jon Merriman
The Research Center
http://rc.gamersreality.com/

R

Repairman_Jack

Pure skill...coupled with a natural aptitude...

------------------
SEZ
Jon
--an armed society is a
polite society-

T

ThrasherX9

acutally the 500 and some posts are from the planet unreal forum. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

------------------
Time to kick a$$ and chew bubble gum, and im all out of gum.-Duke Nukem

B

Beppo

ShakKen: sorry for the Manga stuff. Mangas are really cool! I don't wanted to harm anyone here. (I'm german and so I sometimes do not find the right words /infopop/emoticons\icon_wink.gif )....

disturbed: HAVEN'T YOU READ WARRENS NOTES ???!!! (sorry for putting this in large letters but you should read them...)
OK, you are right with the fact that no new weapons will show up. But some textures are redone and the AT4 mesh also. AND don't forget multiple NEW features included in the mutator !!!

cya,

------------------
Beppo - ControledDeath
Infiltration coder