Impossible to play online because of INF_GameTypes mismatch

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Whocares

Jan 6, 2004
I just got the Mac .bin 2.9 installer(after spending over 24 hours downloading it) and it runs fine in botmatches and training, but every time I try to join a net game, I get an 'INF_GameTypes' package mismatch. This is a clean UT install and I had no previous versions of INF installed. I'm playing in 9 because UT isn't worth playing in X. Is there anything I can do about this?

Triton

Jan 20, 2004
I would help you but

i would help you but......too tell you da truth i have the same ghey problem : :y5: :mad: :angst++: :Poop: :boom:

vaporman

Sep 20, 2000
I am also trying to play INF on Mac OS9. I recently reinstalled UT, updated to 4.36, installed Bonus Pack 1&4, and installed with the full mac installer. I also get the INF_Gametypes mismatch. I've tried removing that file and getting it from the game server, but it also says version mismatch. I guess I could try d/ling the PC version and manually installing the mismatch files...

Triton

Jan 20, 2004
Hey!

Hey man if that works for You tell me.....that would be great! getting rid of the GHEY! problem hehe ;)

vaporman

Sep 20, 2000
K, i installed the new INF_Gametypes and now when i try to join an INF server its INF_Core mismatch. =(

Triton

Jan 20, 2004
i know!

Damn.....i'v come too conclusion....that i dont think mac users can play on the internet cuz iv tried everything i DL'd the file that fixes The gametypes version Mismatch but...........NOW I HAVE A GHEY "INF.Core"version mismatch and the core i dont think is fixable for mac :mad: :mad: :mad: sooo iv given up unless somone Proves me wrong :(

erehwoN

The Bass Ackwards BTL
May 30, 2001
Wyoming, USA
Visit site
Trust me, Mac users can (and do) play online. My only other suggestion is to delete everything and start again. Do a fresh install of UT, patch it to v436, then install INF 2.9.

vaporman

Sep 20, 2000
I was using a fresh install of UT when I first installed 2.9. I'd taken a year break from UT & INF and was going to try it again seeing that people still play it. I deleted the INF system files and reinstalled and replaced that INF_Gametypes again, but INF_Core is still a mismatch. I delete INF_Core and it says that, while UT is still up, so that it d/ls it from the server. But it takes forever, and it mismatches and doesn't properly save it afterwards. The PC versions are in .exe format and I cant use those easily. If someone could .zip there version of INF_Core, I could d/l and see if that fixes the problem. TY for your time.

Triton

Jan 20, 2004
yeah....

keep me updated on the upcomings i look on here everyday too find and see if i can fix the Mismatch problem :(

vaporman

Sep 20, 2000
Ok, i was able to join an INF 2.9 server today. =)
What I did was d/l the PC file that has just system files on a PC. I expanded that file and burned it on a CD and took those files to my Mac. I tranfered over that files that needed to be replaced, which are: InfiltrationUT.u, INF_Core.u, INF_GameTypes.u, & INF_Mutators.u. Some reason the Mac Full INF 2.9 installer installs slightly different files. I guess you could also try launching INF, and then COMMAND+F so that you get back to the finder, move those 4 files to the trash, then connect to an INF server and hope those files d/l correctly. GL.

Triton

Jan 20, 2004

LMAO FUNNY!!!!!!! ok i did what u told me too do press command F and move those files into the trash and DL them in a server......BUT! i DL all of them correctly but it STILL! SAYS the Ghey Core Mismatch
:( :( :(

Jackotopolus

Jun 1, 2004
I've got exactly the same problem.

I've done everything suggested so far, but I'm still getting 'mismatch' problems.

Is it possible for someone to create a dl for the files we need? I really don't fancy downloading 100mb of pc files only to confuse myself to death.

I'd like to play online. Please help a brother out!