Imported Static Meshes Keep Disapearing

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

CheekyDevil

Earth Assault Design Lead
Apr 24, 2004
The Pit of Dispare
dasboogles.com
Fisrt of all, I know this has been dicussed before, but I've looked at the advice other people have gotten and it hasn't worked for me.
My problem is that when I import static meshes into the UnrealEd browser, save them, put them in a map, then re-open the map later or go to play it, the meshes just aren't there. Here's the steps I've taken:
1) Make static mesh in Lightwave, saved as Pillar.lwo
2) Open UEd 3.0
3) Import the .lwo mesh into the static mech browser, the exact extention is Subway.Architecture.Pillar
4) Save the .usx, as Subway.usx btw
4) Import the static mesh into my map
5) Save the map, AS-Subway.ut2
6) Play the map, static meshes aren't there.

When I close and re-open the editor, then open the map, it says it can't find the package I just made, even tho I can manually open it. BTW, when I close the editor after saving my static mesh files, a little dialogue box shows up saying "The package 'package0' was changed and needs to be saved. Save it now?" Sense I have so idea what that is, I click "No." But I have a feeling it has something to do with my problem.

Any help? I hope this is a simple solution becuase this is just driving me insane.

Hourences

Aug 29, 2000
Belgium/Holland/Sweden
www.Hourences.com
the packageblabla has been changed always happens and is """normal"""
try to name the package with something different then subway, cause if the name already excists somewhere it can create problems like these
and make sure its in the right folder with right extension and stuff:)

CheekyDevil

Apr 24, 2004
The Pit of Dispare
dasboogles.com
O.k. I got the static mesh to show up when I re-opened the level BUT, now there is an even more confusing problem. You see, the static meshes are there, but they are TINY! I mean almost microscopic. I have absolutly no clue why this happened. I can imoprt the static mesh over again (save it as the same as before) and the tiny pillars turn to regular size. But they revert to their tiny size when I go to play the map, and when I re-open it.
Why the hell would this resizing happen? Does it have something to do with the original .lwo I imported it from or what?

Please help!

~out

CheekyDevil

Apr 24, 2004
The Pit of Dispare
dasboogles.com
My friend just tried the same thing as me, he loaded a .lwo static mesh into the game and go the EXACT same results as myself. Is there something wrong with .lwo's that UnrealEd doesn't like? Is there any way to export the meshes (from Lightwave) to another format to use?