I'm looking for this effect...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

RestInPieces

Sep 20, 2001
www.Creep-World.net
Hi ,
i know this isn't exactly a coding-related question, i hope you don't mind, but i thought this might be the place where those who can help me hang out.
I'm looking for a fire effekt, much like UT_FlameExplosion. The problem with UT_FlameExplosion is: the effect is spawned, but then the fire will vanish, i need something like a "constant fire", you know, like a fire burning inside an ofen, or a burning torch or something... i couldn't find something like that in the standard-effects class, so if there's an effekt like somewhere out there, plz let me know. Of course i'd give the person who coded it credit.
Thx, RiP

Stryker8

Jan 26, 2000
why don't you try to map a fire, use sheets and use animated fire texture on it

RestInPieces

Sep 20, 2001
www.Creep-World.net
Well, my fault, i didnt express my self clearly...
What i want to do is to make a pawn burn, this means i want the fire to always be at the same location as the pawn, so i cannot map it.
thanx, RiP

simianangel

Aug 12, 2001
Delaware, USA
you may want to give your fire effect a PHYS_Trailer setting.
then set bTrailerSameRotation to true..
this will keep the fire stuck to the player and turn with them when they are running away flailing!

//take a look at the BloodTrails script, would be nice to see smoking flames trailing after a running victim

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
I like to set an invisible actor's base to the player and have it constantly spawning spriteballchilds.