Im back

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Well, why not?

I guess i should just make another circuit with my new skills, hopefuly that some people still play the game online :con: ?

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004

circuit and terrain made in maya, i still wonder if i will have to bring the fog closer or if i will be able to add more details such as trees without getting serious frame drops i thought about using tress as terrain deco with a range fade, but no shadow are being casted from terrain decos :hmm:

ProjectX

Nicholas 'ProjectX' Udell - UnWheel Maps
Jan 9, 2004
Right behind you.
Open up UWRC-Sherwood

That's all SM trees. The beauty is that SMs can have additional copies of themselves with very litle overhead.

$n][pErMan

UnWheel Server Guru!
Aug 29, 2004
Kantham said:

circuit and terrain made in maya, i still wonder if i will have to bring the fog closer or if i will be able to add more details such as trees without getting serious frame drops i thought about using tress as terrain deco with a range fade, but no shadow are being casted from terrain decos :hmm:
Add all you want.... my comp owns the UT2k4 engine .. lol. You could put like 32095432048324 trees and it will not even phase the video cards that are currently out :D ;)

ignacio garcia

Igna! From spain! un wheel adict!!
Oct 17, 2005
(madrid) spain
I,m trying to open the UTeditor, but i can´t, when i try it opens a strange window with this:
Build UT2004_Build_[2005-02-15_17.02]

CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 2426 MHz with 255MB RAM
Video: RADEON 7200/RADEON (3276)

Error setting display mode: CheckDepthStencilMatch failed. (D3D_OK). Please delete your UT2004.ini file if this error prevents you from starting the game.

Historia: UD3DRenderDevice::UnSetRes <- DetermineFormats <- SetupPresentParms <- UD3DRenderDevice::SetRes <- UWindowsViewport::TryRenderDevice <- UWindowsViewport::OpenWindow <- WPageToolsTerrains::OpenWindow <- WTerrainToolsSheet::OnCreate <- WWindow::WndProc <- WWindow::StaticProc <- PerformCreateWindowEx <- WTerrainToolsSheet::OpenWindow <- WPageTools::OpenWindow <- WTerrainEditSheet::OnCreate <- WWindow::WndProc <- WWindow::StaticProc <- PerformCreateWindowEx <- WTerrainEditSheet::OpenWindow
CAN SOMEONE HELPME PLASE¿?
thanks!!

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
ignacio garcia said:
I,m trying to open the UTeditor, but i can´t, when i try it opens a strange window with this:
Build UT2004_Build_[2005-02-15_17.02]

CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 2426 MHz with 255MB RAM
Video: RADEON 7200/RADEON (3276)

Error setting display mode: CheckDepthStencilMatch failed. (D3D_OK). Please delete your UT2004.ini file if this error prevents you from starting the game.

Historia: UD3DRenderDevice::UnSetRes <- DetermineFormats <- SetupPresentParms <- UD3DRenderDevice::SetRes <- UWindowsViewport::TryRenderDevice <- UWindowsViewport::OpenWindow <- WPageToolsTerrains::OpenWindow <- WTerrainToolsSheet::OnCreate <- WWindow::WndProc <- WWindow::StaticProc <- PerformCreateWindowEx <- WTerrainToolsSheet::OpenWindow <- WPageTools::OpenWindow <- WTerrainEditSheet::OnCreate <- WWindow::WndProc <- WWindow::StaticProc <- PerformCreateWindowEx <- WTerrainEditSheet::OpenWindow
CAN SOMEONE HELPME PLASE¿?
thanks!!

Open the normal editor, then try to open the Unwheel file from the actor window. Works for me...

Fraggee_Rok

Yeeeehuh?
Welcome back Kantham - how 56Kers like me have missed your sizeable signatures:lol:
Nice looking track so far. As has been said, don't worry too much about Smeshes as they usually don't munch systems unless they're really hi-poly. Usually it's projectors and other lighting that frells things up.
I look forward to updates, as I really need the inspiration to carry on with a map I'm making myself - problems with physics and textures have temporarily put me off carrying on:(

bobnine

JamesG
Jul 18, 2004
New Zealand
New track looks awsome. One thing though,it looks abit narrow, very hard to overtake people in narrow tracks, especialy when your lagging (or maybe I just suck, but still, i dont like narrow tracks much)

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
It is not a race track for the big yellow truck.

Narow track are the best for handing skills, you need to brake wayyyy more than the original Unwheel tracks.