ilcr.org

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Fenris

[-I-]Fenris
Aug 4, 1999
Hamburg,Germany
www.inforcers.org
Well, I got the domain back to operational after an endless quest for authorization codes. Check.

But there's no content yet.

Kicken of clan nMp has offered to get the show up and runnning.

So, soon, we're gonna be in need of a nice group of people to get the whole thing back in action.

I'll start putting some sort of clan-registration back up as the first thing, it's also the most important one...

Stay tuned, or post here if you're willing to sign up as a dedicated member of the ILCR-revival-team...

[-I-]UNATCO

Only One.
Feb 11, 2003
www.inforcers.net
I'm hoping the ILCR will be straight forward seasonal ladder style while Crowze's thing is more of an extended RISK meets INF style. Personally, I'd suggest against multiple redundant leagues.

DallasStarsRule

making personal insults since 1999
Nov 7, 2001
Toronto
www.teammuf.com
if you get the ilcr back up, they will come

edit:

We never really needed additional motivation to play matches. They were good with just clan vs clan TDM, and then a play-off at the end. The strat league was fine, but the reason for its being was because some people wanted to play more than one match a week, and it made no sense having 2 primary leagues.

If you're going to gloss it up with risk style stuff, a la strat league, I sure hope that comes AFTER you put up the basic 5 vs 5 primary, because that remains the main draw. It doesnt have to be TDM, I guess, but I wouldnt have a problem if it were, as long as the map council does a good job. No more belfast :)

if 2.9 doesnt suck, and we can get a decent community up again, then count me in if you need any help

Last edited:

Fenris

[-I-]Fenris
Aug 4, 1999
Hamburg,Germany
www.inforcers.org
I'm only going for the Primary League right now. All else will be candy on top. And in former times there's always been "secondary" leagues, be it SL or 2vs or legacy. Although I got to admit I can hardly see an EAS-2vs2-league, but hey, there's still TDM in 2.9 ;)

First thing back needs to be a solid foundation for clans to register, re-group and to get the communications back on-line.

Then a way to document their matches in a league of whatever style we agree.

There will be one Euro PL and one NA PL.

The exact set of rules is not to be determined before we got 2.9 in hands however much some people think they already know about it.

Intention is to get the PL up and running by the time the number of available servers reaches a critical mass that can support it, preferably Euro and NA at around the same time. Hopefully both divisions with a high enough number of clans to support a decent first 2.9 season.

There's a lot to do and as usual you can't please everyone, but the one thing I'm sure of is that ILCR will happen again.

Basic need right now is to get going at all with a small dedicated staff to lay the foundation. There's gonna be leaders, arbitrators and people to take the glory and do the criticizin later on aaaaall by itself ;)

So far on the team is good old Kicken and me. But that only means that we're eager to find fellow masochists to join throwing out the piles of dust and putting back up the furniture for the crowd to move in for a first housewarming party. And to make sure that there still IS a house after that party :D

LepraKip

May 13, 2001
If you need any help or something just let me know, I'm a bit busy with my study and my inf comeback though ^^

Can help out with webdesign or forum moderating. :)

Last edited:

Keganator

White as Snow Moderator
Jun 19, 2001
PR's Barracks
www.kegnet.net
Here's a suggestion/idea: If you can work things out with Crowse, let him have his league as part of the ILCR. Let him do his thing with his rules, but have it be a part of the main site. As a community, even before the Great Wait, we didn't have *that* many people. The closer we can bring things together, the better off everyone will be and the activity will stay together longer, IMHO.

NeoLancer

«STS»Cypher
May 26, 2002
Vancouver, Canada
Visit site
I have to agree with Keg. The main problem that would come from having seperate leagues would be game time conflicts and whatnot. Would be frustrating if a team had to drop out of a game because a match their playing that night in the other league is more important. Plus, I am not sure if theres enough clans/players to support multiple leagues...not counting 2 vs 2 leagues and the like though.

Anyways, just my thoughts.

AlmostAlive

Jun 12, 2001
Norway
Visit site
Keg's idea sounds good. Work together instead of having everyone work on different sides of the proverbial fence. I also think that it might be good to wait at least 3-4 weeks after the release before starting up a league. Give people time to discover and explore the game and maps.

Last edited by a moderator:

Crowze

Bird Brain
Feb 6, 2002
Cambridgeshire, UK
www.dan-roberts.co.uk
Well, the IGL is flexible enough with match times so it can be worked around any other league going on, if clans want to take part in more than one league. I'm certainly not against being part of the ILCR though - grab me on ICQ 116195382 or in IRC (if I'm ever there).

GNAT

Jan 4, 2001
WWW.TeamMuf.COM
WHy not eveyrone work together instead of having a sub league?

Are his rules adapted to 2.9? or RAV2-2.86? Once the game is out its going to take a few mins to figure out what is most enjoyable across the board.

DallasStarsRule

making personal insults since 1999
Nov 7, 2001
Toronto
www.teammuf.com
yeah fenris

when 2.9 comes out, we (as in you :p) need to set up some sort of registry first, and then forums and admins or judges

we can always pimp the ilcr.org on the servers; advertising has never been a problem

besides, if any of the old clans or players come they'll be going to the ilcr by default, and it shouldnt take long to get things set up....pretty much all of us know people in every clan anyway

i only hope that there is enough new blood, because as it is, we're definately not going to get 100% of the population back, and I dont want a 2.9 ILCR to be a pale shadow of what it used to be

I think thats why season 3 was less enthusiatic, everyone was remembering the good ol days, and we knew it was going to be the last season.

Crowze

Bird Brain
Feb 6, 2002
Cambridgeshire, UK
www.dan-roberts.co.uk
My current rules will work for any. I just need to sort out specific gametype rules (I'll discuss with the clan leaders), then it'll be ready to go.

I think more than one league is definitely a good idea, especially if they will work differrently. A master standings list would be good, possibly based on wins per matches played. Personally I'm against having separate NA and EU divisions, given that a lot of clans are international. Perhaps having the IGL (strategy-league-esque), and a ladder-style league, both contributing scores to the overall standard point (wins/played) stats.

Fenris

[-I-]Fenris
Aug 4, 1999
Hamburg,Germany
www.inforcers.org
Match times make a joint NA-Euro-League impossible. Ask ESPECIALLY the international clans about that :)

And to relay a bit of crowze and mine ICQ talk, the igl is gonna be a part of the ilcr now. As joined and independent as needed. We're one church anyways.

monkey_hanger

monkey spanker
One combined league would be too difficult for sure. Match times would either have to be very late on evenings for Euro's or on weekend midday/afternoon's for NA's. That would probably rule out around 50% of an already small community, and thats just based on our own clans probs just organising our Divisional Cup match over the last 2 years between our NA and Euro teams. Not too mention the in-fighting that would take place about ping/PL. That was bad enough in the past just between ppl from the same country! :)

Good to see that ILCR will be operational again, and i do hope everything is run through it. I just hope there are enough ppl around to get some compo's going.

monkey_hanger

monkey spanker
Crowze said:
Separate leagues do make it near impossible for us euros in mainly-US clans to be in matches, and vice versa. I can't off the top of my head think of a solution, though.
Well there aint really a solution. The only socially acceptable times for East Coast and Euro's would be (at the very limits) 1700EST/2200CET starts on weeknights, or on weekends. Or on weekends which are better (1500EST/2000CET) but that does mean NA's have to give up an afternoon to play games.

Anyway, in all likelyhood, there'll probably be too many clans/platoons to have one almighty league. As it would take over 6 months just to complete a season. So for a tiny community like INF, it'd be very difficult to replace people who drift off the scene. Thereby spoiling the seasons as/when clans drop out.

2 separate leagues and with a combined "RISK" type compo, plus other spin off's like 2v2 etc. and All-Star matches with clan listings and server address's/admins, plus a decent forum all done under an ILCR banner sounds like the best way to go imho.