Ice Cubed

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TAZTG

Your face, Your ass-Whats the Difference
Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
OK, I am confused a little. Why 2 different names?
Here's the answer for you folks that were afraid to ask.

Congrats again to both of you....

Q: Why is it important to give my Jewish baby a Hebrew name in addition to an English name?

A: Certain religious rituals require Hebrew names. Hebrew names are used for calling people to the Torah. Certain prayers, such as the memorial prayer or the prayer for the sick, use the Hebrew name. Legal documents, such as the marriage contract or ketubah, also use the Hebrew name.

Orthodox Jews and Israelis often give their children a Hebrew name, and that name is used for both everyday and religious purposes.

Elsewhere it has become customary for Jewish parents to give their children two names - a secular name for use in the gentile world and a Hebrew name for religious purposes.

Some Facts about Riley's Hebrew Name.
Ariel is a name for Jerusalem. Ariel means "lion of God."
Moshe (Moses) was a prophet and the leader who brought the Israelites out of slavery in Egypt.

Attachments

• Ariel.bmp
    29.3 KB · Views: 2
  • Moshe.bmp
    29.3 KB · Views: 2

«BuA»Lurker_71

Thë Möñkëÿ Kïñg
Dec 15, 2002
Wha?
The circumcision went a-ok. We even got a great deal: Half-off! So we left a BIG tip! :D :lol:

English name: Riley Michael
Hebrew name: Ariel Moshe

:eek: That is so not right.

OK, I am confused a little. Why 2 different names?
Here's the answer for you folks that were afraid to ask.

Congrats again to both of you....

Q: Why is it important to give my Jewish baby a Hebrew name in addition to an English name?

A: Certain religious rituals require Hebrew names. Hebrew names are used for calling people to the Torah. Certain prayers, such as the memorial prayer or the prayer for the sick, use the Hebrew name. Legal documents, such as the marriage contract or ketubah, also use the Hebrew name.

Orthodox Jews and Israelis often give their children a Hebrew name, and that name is used for both everyday and religious purposes.

Elsewhere it has become customary for Jewish parents to give their children two names - a secular name for use in the gentile world and a Hebrew name for religious purposes.

Some Facts about Riley's Hebrew Name.
Ariel is a name for Jerusalem. Ariel means "lion of God."
Moshe (Moses) was a prophet and the leader who brought the Israelites out of slavery in Egypt.

Wow TAZ... you sure you're not a Hebrew in disquise?

Iceburgs

The Iceman Cometh....
Jul 22, 2002
Baltimore County, MD
Hey, it's been a while since I posted some pics, so here goes. In order, pic 1 is from when Riley was about 6-8 weeks old. Pic 2 was from our trip to Israel, so that was the beginning of July (about the 10th), so he is just under 4 months. Pic 3 is from about 5 weeks ago, so he would be 5 months old. Finally pic 4 is from last Sunday and was taken by my Uncle when we did a little photo shoot for a family portrait/holiday card. I have to say, he's a keeper. :)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 6
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg