I suck at online gaming. :(

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

frosty

Frozen in time.
May 18, 2004
USA
www.geocities.com
We a new net connection at work the other day I tried some UT2004 online dm and my ping was bad 488!

Needless to say I was Slaugthered, had no idea I was so bad, was it the ping or too many yrs fighting bots. I never excelled with Q3 but held my own most times.

This time the top Killers bounced around me like I was a drunken Sailor and they picked me off like a fodder Bot. :(

Nines

With Rage Alive
Oct 12, 2004
Sweden
Bots are utter crap. You can own godlike bots, and still there will be more than enough players online who will beat you easily.
The best way to get better is to play online.
Of course a ping of 488 is not so good to start with. :p

frosty

Frozen in time.
May 18, 2004
USA
www.geocities.com
I mean it was actually depressing the double jumping and circle dancing around me while I uselessly dodged right then left, I was lucky to end up with 3 frags to the top players 20 to 25.

daloonie

sex boobs nude
Feb 7, 2004
Denmark
www.daloonie.com
Sounds like you've been playing some demo servers? Jumping and double jumping is widely used on demo servers. :lol:

And yes a 488 ping is VERY high with the internet speeds available today.

If you can, come to FragBU. It's every weekend friday and saturday. Just find you way to the UT 2004 forum on this board and check the FragBU stickie on the top. ;)
There you can experience good players and fun matches and Dark_Pulses whining. It's all for the fun and when playing online it's a must to visit at least once. ;)
I know me, klasnic and Nines visit it frequently so it's not a bunch of totally unknown people. ;)

Last edited:

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
Maybe you are not as lame as you think and the others used AIMBOTs (some very funny ppl use such things on demoservers) :p

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
488 is obviously bad pings.

I usualy get around 40-80 Depending on where i play at. My VCTF clan servers are located at Chicago, i live near montreal and get 40-50 ping.

Mr. UglyPants

2007 never existed, it was all a dream.
Aug 22, 2005
Canada... eh
I always have 5 to 20 for my pings on most games, except damn Battlefield 2 stupid game and its stupid crappy laggy servers filled with Tking noobs!

Oh i also suck online in UT2k4 thats why i blow the bots up with the Ballistics mod offline:D

AizenSA

The Divine Tyrant
Dec 8, 2005
Geonosis
www.myspace.com
Mr. UglyPants said:
I always have 5 to 20 for my pings on most games, except damn Battlefield 2 stupid game and its stupid crappy laggy servers filled with Tking noobs!

Oh i also suck online in UT2k4 thats why i blow the bots up with the Ballistics mod offline:D

amen to that man I hate tkers mine was around 50-100

Thanatos

Oct 21, 2005
Napali Meditation Room
Kantham said:
488 is obviously bad pings.

I usualy get around 40-80 Depending on where i play at. My VCTF clan servers are located at Chicago, i live near montreal and get 40-50 ping.

I guess that that was you I faced online man your good, even with my brother Knightmare and my old friend we couldn't beat you, though I suppose being in the UK probably affected my ping quite a bit we were playing with ping of about 110-150.

Then theres the fact I also had this annoying wireless network lag(which I have) where it holds you in place untill the wireless updates...

Oh well it was fun how do you shock combo like that!?

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
You told me i play too much. You should see the real people playing At fractionary. Im just average.