I love Shieldgun

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Raffi_B said:
I think the problem isn't with everyone else, brizz... I think it may lie in yourself. If we go back to the Newnet debate, please recall that I used to agree with you about it being bad and all that. Then after I played hundreds if not thousands of matches with it enabled, my opinion changed. I suggested you do the same, and your reply was, in essence, "I don't need to. I've played with it enough, and it's fact that newnet is poorly coded and doesn't work right."
Ugh.. I hate to post in a closed thread but this is just unfair. I have played alot with newnet enabled. I have played alot with it disabled. By this point I have played tons more hours with it turned on then with it turned off, yet everytime I play with it on I hate it more and more. How is that going to change by playing with it even more? It's not. Can't you accept my opinion and the fact that it MAY be a valid one? It seems like that is what all of these threads come down to. I may say "fact" or somethig else silly from time to time but it all comes down to the fact that I have an opinion that other people (usually the majority) don't agree with and that somehow immediately invalidates mine.
You see, this is just a gigantic ball of hypocrisy. Both here and in the newnet debate, other people had more experience than you in the subject matter and yet your opinion is somehow more valuable than theirs? These guys have played probably over 10 times more competitive CTF in UT2k4 than you have, so I would take their word to heart. If your opinion is that the shield gun is bad, so be it, but be aware that your statement isn't fact just because you say it is. Your experience is probably far more limited with this game than theirs, so I don't see how your small amount of experience is somehow correct and everyone else is wrong.
I don't see how that has any relevance. IN MY EXPERIENCE, people don't do what is described here. Whether they actually do or not is irrelevant, I have not observed it and that is what my OPINION is based on. I don't know when you and others decided that the person with the opinion out of sync with the majority is always wrong, but that is exactly how it turns out and comes across. It's not a matter of right or wrong. The top clans may shield jump all over the place, for all I know they may or may not. I've never seen them do it as often as described here and, put simply, that experience is what I base my opinion on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.