I know i posted here alot lately but:

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

RegularX

Master of Dagoth Lies
Feb 2, 2000
Chicago, IL
Do you mean the menu under "Mod" in the standard window or a windwo that gets pulled during the game (like WFUT)

The first is easy, the second isn't. UScript was little in theway of a framework for using windowing in between the client and server.

Your best bet (for the latter) is to look up WndowReplicationInfo or WRI.

rgx

LedZep

k last title kinda gay :p
Actually, I need both menu under the "mod" and an ingame menu like in WFUT.

i barely have an idea how to do either one, can someone help me with those? I do know i need to subclass WindowFramedWindow, UWindowDialogClientWindow, and MenuModMenuItem but im not even sure about that.
help please

mr.s-d

CHiMERiC Moderator
Aug 30, 2001
UK
www.unrealscript.com
For in-game menu, subclassing SpeechWindow often provides all the functionality you need. To show it on screen you can do the following (code assumes it's in a PlayerPawn class, wouldn't take much to tweak it to work from somewhere else):
Code:
  local UMenuRootWindow ParentWindow;

ParentWindow = UMenuRootWindow(WindowConsole(Player.Console).Root);
    if(MM == None)
    {
      MM = MainMenu(ParentWindow.CreateWindow(Class'BloodCrusade.MainMenu', 100, 100, 200, 200));
      MM.bLeaveOnScreen = True;
    }
    WindowConsole(Player.Console).Root.SetMousePos(0, 132.0 / 768 * WindowConsole(Player.Console).Root.WinWidth);
    if (ChallengeHUD(myHUD) != None)
      ChallengeHUD(myHUD).bHideCenterMessages = True;
    MM.SlideInWindow();
    WindowConsole(Player.Console).bQuickKeyEnable = True;
    WindowConsole(Player.Console).LaunchUWindow();

Raeled

Feuer Frei!
Jul 1, 2001
Dordrecht, The Netherlands
Visit site
just added a little:
this will make the function get called client side (client will execute the code when server calls it).
This is not necissery if you are already in a function that is executing client side.
i.e: HUD, or HUDMutator (in the case of a mutator).

Code:
replication
{
  // Functions server can call.
  reliable if( Role==ROLE_Authority )
    OpenTheMenu;
}

function OpenTheMenu()
{
  local UMenuRootWindow ParentWindow;

ParentWindow = UMenuRootWindow(WindowConsole(Player.Console).Root);
    if(MM == None)
    {
      MM = MainMenu(ParentWindow.CreateWindow(Class'BloodCrusade.MainMenu', 100, 100, 200, 200));
      MM.bLeaveOnScreen = True;
    }
    WindowConsole(Player.Console).Root.SetMousePos(0, 132.0 / 768 * WindowConsole(Player.Console).Root.WinWidth);
    if (ChallengeHUD(myHUD) != None)
      ChallengeHUD(myHUD).bHideCenterMessages = True;
    MM.SlideInWindow();
    WindowConsole(Player.Console).bQuickKeyEnable = True;
    WindowConsole(Player.Console).LaunchUWindow();
}

mr.s-d

CHiMERiC Moderator
Aug 30, 2001
UK
www.unrealscript.com
Oops, forgot that (though the function I cut & pasted from doesn't need it), and
Code:
var MainMenu MM;

Saves having to spawn a new menu every time you want to show it on screen.

LedZep

k last title kinda gay :p
thanks people, i dont need the mod menu anymore but I do need the ingame menu (like the one in WFUT), Menus are completely new to me so can you guys help me out with the code allitle bit and explain it to me (basically, i want to have an ingame menu EXACTLY like the one in WFUT except that instead of special attributes, it would have a list of orders, kind of like the original UT voice menu but without the fancy animations and stuff)