I just watched demos... I don't jump

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

WebSlinger

bNotNegative != False
Feb 29, 2000
Oklahoma City, OK
I used to think that I was pretty good at dodging and jumping... until I just watched some FragBU demos :(

I don't know how I ever win anything... I am SOOOOO easy to hit! Gotta work on that

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I do that when my lag is as bad as last night. dodge jumping increases the amount of times you die on fall into space maps. I do it more on LAN and on fast connections. :)

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
Ya gotta know when to dodge and when not to. If rev is about to shoot you dodge but if you dodge and he wasn't about to shoot you he'll know where you'll land and he'll take you out.

It doesn't matter what I do I'll fall off the edge on citadel. The worse is romra I'll spawn start walking and suddenly I'm in the abyss. This usually happens 3 times in a row untill it stops. My score on romra is always half what it should be.

edhe

..dadhe..
Jun 12, 2000
Scotland
www.clanci.net
Jumping and dodging's an artform, key to this sport. If you jump about like a looney you're fragbait, predictable. If you keep on the floor and practice some DDR moves you're a hard LtG target, play some insta and find this out. Knocking or forcing your nme into the air and shock/LtG hitting him to death's a common target, flakshells work great for that.

I'd like to think i'm decent with my movement, if you want webby i'll supply you with demos of myself, could be helpful?

*there's a great demo of a [f] fooze dude playing on asbestos pulling off allsorts of movement skills too at cached.net, sekhmet might know more if you talk to him.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2002
Visit site
I know where you're comin from webby.

Since I swapped my jump button from my first finger to my pinky a couple of weeks ago i've been playing rather 'flat footed'.

I don't naturally dodge like I used to and I have to think to jump/dodge and i'm getting owned because of it.

Jumping/dodging is GOOOD. [\frankenstein]

WebSlinger

bNotNegative != False
Feb 29, 2000
Oklahoma City, OK
oddly enough Hanover, it was the ease in which you were able to combo me over and over on Grendel the other night that made me think about this. I have NO idea how I won that map. I watched the demo from your perspective and saw how easy it was for you to tag those combos on my and to minigun me.

edhe, thanks for the help offer. I don't think I REALLY care enough about my game to study demos and stuff. I'll just work on it as I think about it. Remember, I'm not on a team, and really have nothing at stake... this was just something about which I was thinking.

Sugar

Jun 20, 2003
I think you do ok Webby. Some days/games are better than others. I think i jump too much. Gotta work on that.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Hitting anything with the minigun is ANYTHING BUT HARD. The minigun is like a flamethrower....yoiu spray and it hits everything...I don't know what everyone is complaining about there being no flamethrower in the game! IMO they should take it out!!

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
Sir_Brizz said:
Hitting anything with the minigun is ANYTHING BUT HARD. The minigun is like a flamethrower....yoiu spray and it hits everything...I don't know what everyone is complaining about there being no flamethrower in the game! IMO they should take it out!!

Oh yeah, you can hit anything and everything with it, but KILLING with it is a different story.

I swear I could kill someone faster with spitballs that with the mini.

OK, back on topic,

Webby, from what I've seen, I think you compensate for not dodging enough by throwing that xloc around like you do. You seem to use it more than most I see.

There again, if you're talking DM, then you probably don't have the xloc anyhow, and my post is absolutely useless, so I'll just shut up now. :eek:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Renegade Retard said:
Oh yeah, you can hit anything and everything with it, but KILLING with it is a different story.

I swear I could kill someone faster with spitballs that with the mini.

OK, back on topic,

Webby, from what I've seen, I think you compensate for not dodging enough by throwing that xloc around like you do. You seem to use it more than most I see.

There again, if you're talking DM, then you probably don't have the xloc anyhow, and my post is absolutely useless, so I'll just shut up now. :eek:

Yes....well.....when the lag drags you back only a little bit to where you were...on top of not being able to see the projectiles very well anyways...you really have no choice but to die quickly... it's rather annoying...off to repost that in the annoying thread now!! :)

The Warden

this is usually where youll find me
Jan 24, 2003
Visit site
Webby, Watch you don't start Jumping/dodging too much, otherwise you'll become as Predictable as you were when you didn't jump.

As edhe said, it's an art form, knowing when to Jump and when to dodge, is quite critical.

Interesting stuff coming from me! :D