... I hope someone dies. I hope alot of people die.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
they where to do some kind of Fiber work in Houston, but I think they nixed the idea :(
I had a friend back in Community College who was working for a agency that was doing consulting work for South West Bell on tracing routes for the lines. *sigh*

as I said before beer, like I said, for twice as much, they could furnish you with a college education AND give you the broad band you want by shipping you off to college :D

(SDS)benmcl

Why not visit us here in the real world.
May 13, 2002
Visit site
My problem is I live in rural Ontario. High Speed hell for those not familiar with the area. There is an option coming. for $1500 plusy $60/month I can get high speed wireless and very good speeds and supposly low lag.

That is not an option.

I have discovered that our phone company is doing "something" in our area. Hopefully they are updating the phone lines and setting things up for highspeed, and yes I know what is required for that so I doubt thats whats going on.

Sad thing about it is that I live within 500 yards of one of the major cross Canada fibre lines. You probably know they run them along rail lines.

Anyone know how to tap into a fibre line? ;)

Derelan

Tracer Bullet
Jul 29, 2002
Toronto, Ontario
Visit site
Rural ontario? That could be anywhere!

Derelans easy guide to tapping into fibre optic lines:
Step 1: Find the wire.
Step 2: Get a sharp knife
Step 3: Chop the wire
Step 4: For downloading data, simply look at the flashing light.
Step 5: For uploading data, an additional flashlight is required.

(SDS)benmcl

Why not visit us here in the real world.
May 13, 2002
Visit site
Outside a little town called Kemptville. Kemptville is south of Ottawa just off the 416 between Ottawa and the St.Lawerence River near Prescott.