... I hope someone dies. I hope alot of people die.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
http://two-wayupgrade.direcway.com/fap.html

Someone will die for this. That someone's family will die for not telling my dad. That someone's best friend and that best friend's family, from this generation and back into the previous one will die for not telling mom. That generation and back thrice more will die/have their grave sites soiled for not telling me.
Die motherfuckers. Die.

:mad:

RogueLeader

Tama-chan says, "aurf aurf aurf!"
Oct 19, 2000
Indiana. Kill me please.
We had something like this on Resnet at school but it broke down and I got unlimited access. But later in the year they contacted me and said I was using so much they would remove my account. I called them on how that violated the contract and found they were modifying the my usage records (they increased my usage by 10 gb, but made the mistake of doing it when I was AT HOME) and they shut up.

I also want to point out that this policy is interestingly named "FAP." :p

Ranger 223

MS Paint Pimp
May 26, 2002
time to switch provider i do believe mista baron....

I actually know a good hitman....

The problem here is this is my only alternative to 56k. This setup IS $100 a month... they said it'll drop next month or so... but at this rate, I wouldnt believe them if they told me they were full of shit from around a mouthful of it.

I'm pointing out of all of this to my folks, and I suggested a dedicated line from my ISP, who is stationed just down the road from me (not even a mile.). The guy I talked to asked me what I was looking for, and I told him:

Fiber optic line if you can, anywhere from 256k to 512k.

256k = $150 a month (at this point in time, he said it'd probably drop.)

512 = $300 a month. Mommy it hurts. But same potentiall still applies.

If you have friends looking into satellite internet service, point them elsewhere from DirecWay. This is just terrible... 0.42KBs off a server... 30 minutes to pull down about 4 megs or so.

Derelan

Tracer Bullet
Jul 29, 2002
Toronto, Ontario
Visit site
the problem with satellite is there is no uploading. At all. If you wanted to transmit something from your house to a satellite flying in the ionsphere, youd have to have a much larger satellite dish.

(SDS)benmcl

Why not visit us here in the real world.
May 13, 2002
Visit site
Derelan two way satellite has been out for awhile. My neighbour currently has it. I have no idea how good it is though.

Shrap

Beaver
Oct 29, 2000
<off topic> where were you ben, we played a 7 player match on PR1. I tryed summoning you by an odd command but it only disconnected ScandalSkin.

the vrrc

noexistant user
Jun 16, 2001
Visit site
I'm sorry... I really, really tried to understand what that article was saying... but it kept saying the word FAP. Now I can't get rid of the mental picture of a computer jerking off in my head.

jasdave

Mar 16, 2002
Visit site
[angsty]omfg my net not fast!!!111 die peeple!11 [/angsty]
:p
Just get another service.
It sucks though if that's the only service you can get.
Can you get DSL?

(SDS)benmcl

May 13, 2002
Visit site
That article is very clear and just proves how stupid these companies are. If I am paying for a service I plan to use it. I am not a little old lady checking e-mail from my porky grand son.

There are many people who can't get fast internet. Rumour has it here that they plain to upgrade the phone lines in our area which is only the first step.

There is a good highspeed wireless system coming in but for $1,500 just to get connected they can stick it up there ass.

Another thing that pisses me off about this FAB is that I see no e-mail address. If you got one for these *******s please post it here.

Last edited:

Ryan

banned
May 27, 2001
Puyallup WA
Visit site
:mad: ...grrraaaAAAAAHHHHhhhhhhhhhh *turns into beast*...who the hell do they think they are??..i have never herd of this company before but man that pisses me off....paying for ****ing unlimited service..with ****ING LIMITS!!! wtf is that ...man they are ****ing stupid....if i was signed up with them i think i would also go on a killing spree preferably with a 50 cal mini gun with no recoil, ..oh and it would also wigh about 5 pounds :mad: ........ :eek: at me , sorry bout the explosion but this is stupid...i want an email address to spam :mad:

DEFkon

Shhh
Dec 23, 1999
Visit site
i dunno i'm kinda torn on the subject. On one hand, i know the anger that burns in my soul when i find a server hog. They go and queue up several hours of transfers, and nobody else can get anything, and then if they're really bad, they'll continue to hog the server by requesting more than more everytime they finish or find clever ways of keeping their foot in the door.. ARRGGH!

On the other hand not getting what you pay for isn't great either. The whole concept of "unlimited use" with the way things are now just doesn't work. Like they said. You end up with a few jack arses abusing the system and screwing over everyone else. There's only 2 ways you can really handle that type of situation. You cut your pipe in half, and charge a premium for one half that has "unlimited useage" hoping that the high price will scare off all but the greediest people who want the fastests transfers and sell the other half with limitations but with a much cheaper price. OR...
you just get rid of the whole "unlimited use" plan altogether, and just offer a limited use plan so you can ration out the bandwith equally.

(SDS)benmcl

May 13, 2002
Visit site
Fine don't call it unlimited usage and don't sell it as such. I haven't gone back to that page for a reread but I believe they still call it unlimited usage even though its not. Thats plan wrong.

We need e-mail address.
Also they are changing the agreement. If its like other agreements they are permitted to do so but it still sucks

UncleOsmov

The beauty of AWD!
Mar 20, 2002
Chicaaago
I was the first house on my block to get a cable modem so AT&T had to install new equipment. For a while I was getting 900+ k/s until they put a bandwidth cap on our block:(

Derelan

Tracer Bullet
Jul 29, 2002
Toronto, Ontario
Visit site
You should all move to Canada, broadband heaven. But seriously, i pay 20$/month for ADSL (786d, 128u), no limits, only a port 21 block.

Most of the large cities (toronto, vancouver) already have fibre optic cable running thru the streets. I could actually switch to fibre optic right now, because its already on my street.

Plus, server-worthy speeds are cheap too.