I HEAR dead people!(Ghosting)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Cuchullain

May 21, 2000
cucullen.50megs.com
Well, it is part of the game...deal with it

Sorry to be a jackass, but it's part of the game. IMHO - if you don't like the recon, don't accept the recon. You don't have to read it, hear it whatever. You're allowed to be ignorant. I will not stop you.

Flame away...

I BELIEVE IN GREATER ACCURACY THROUGH VOLUME!!

Katulus

May 21, 2000
www.karim.karim.net
Let's not change ANYthing because it's "part of the game". We should keep all the bugs and unbalenced features in the game because "Newbies are just being annoying" and because we can justify it by saying "aliens are moving the bodies and opening/closing the doors" or maybe "the FBI is giving us satilite information" or "someone in our squad has telepathy". Yeah that's it...
:rolleyes:

sig3.jpg

I_ABuGa

Vetran
Apr 27, 2000
Malaysia
Visit site
Sorry to all those who prefer the ghost reconaisance, I see things differently. I cannot accept ghosting as part of this game. Where I'm at, the cybercafes are sometimes filled with ghosters and this activity really spoils the game and is annoying.

Granted that military forces should have all the battle-field intel as they can get but having a spy flying around is just too much.

It spoils it for me coz I can't hide from people, I cannot direct and participate in ambushes. An ambush becomes a death sentence in this case as many ambushes take place in positions that arent always condusive for an all out retreat or if the enemy is aspecting it and counters it with excessive fire-support.

On the other hand, ambushes becomes massacres for the side that doesnt ghost.

Snipers are no longer such an asset - their value is decreased now that the enemy will know where they have been deployed and if the sniper tries to get away, the enemy knows where he's going and can easily cut him off - remember that snipers dont have much assault weapons.

"Pushes" or "rushes" - all out charge assaults, are now blunted as the opponent knows the positions of the members of the charging force, numbers, and equipment.

Strategic positions defence - deploying people to guard specific positions that cover each other, are no longer effective as the opponent knows where and when to hit who. SPDs usually have at least one blind spot and when one side of the SPD is taken down, the other elements are quick to fall.

Actual recon and careful troop movement is essential to staying alive. Having recon craft ala real life US military is a plus, but to have a ghost do it is - to me, i dont know about everyone else, very very cheap. If there were such "recon craft" feature in INF then I dont mind. Besides, whut kind of recon craft flies into buildings and cannot get shot down?

I only agree to ghosting when there is only one person on both teams - to direct them to an appropriate place for the DoD (Do or Die).

ABuGa - feel free to disagree.

Mason

Self appointed voice of reason
Dec 14, 2000
Upstate NY
forums.unreal2.net
I posted this response in another topic and I shall post it once again here. Many Inf regulars berate anyone who suggests they use the radar, yet 'ghosting' is acceptable? That, my friends, is being TOTALLY hypocritical. Radar was made to be a part of Inf., I do not believe 'ghosting' was. For a team striving for 'realism', I refuse to believe that they put the ability to affect the game AFTER ones death in as a way to make the game more 'realistic'.

I'm not saying Radar should be used, but if 'ghosting' is OK, then EVERYONE should be allowed radar as well. I will not use radar, but I have to retract my earlier statement that I will NEVER use ghosting to provide 'recon'. If the opposing team is using it and I am dead, I will be forced to use it to help my team out for the sake of being a 'team player'. I would prefer not to be put in that position, but if I must do this just so that I may play on an EVEN playing field, so be it. :cool:

I am the Walrus, koo koo kachoo.
Why do people insist on putting their 'two cents' in when they don't have a penny to spare?

W

WRATHGAR sniper

ghosting will only help turn this into another crappy mod.