I had the MOST fun in UT3 when...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Skaxis

Oct 25, 2003
Everett, WA
Visit site
I was playing on a server which had the XMPJumpJets or MoveXMP mutator running on it :).

I would like to find a server which is running both the XMP style movement (either one) & the SENTINAL mutator for the automated weaponry.

Is it possible to make a mutator that has Land Mines as a deployable weapon? Both the (0r either of the...) Laster Trip Mine variety & under-foot style planted on the ground every day mine?

Or a mutator that allows you to "REVIVE" a downed team-mate by USE-keying them? There was a mod in UT2K4 that had a Freeze-Tag gameplay mode.. that to me.. is not unlike a "you are dead.. now wait to be thawed(revived) by team-mate" effect.

You know where I am going with this. Why not have the best of all the "worlds" of both standard UT play and XMP play elements?

Get a srever running this "Plethora" XD hahahaha.. uh... of mutators and BAM!! You cookin with "Daaaaaaang!"

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
I reckon a land mine mutator would be piss easy - just modify the EMP mine to hit infantry instead of vehicles.

There's a couple of freeze tag / freon game types in UT3 already.

neilthecellist

Renegade.
May 24, 2004
San Diego, California
www. .
Skaxis, it sounds like a good idea, although if you've played on a server that had these features, did you try finding out who the server admin was and contact him/her via IRC chat? It would save you (and us) a lot of time of searchin'. ;)

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
The MoveXMP mutator is great fun, particularly in Warfare. There is a thread in the XMP forum about it.

Phopojijo

A Loose Screw
Nov 13, 2005
Canada
Hm... Speaking of the use-key-to-revive-teammates mutator... That'd be useful in implementing a single-player campaign mod for UT3.... (a real single-player campaign, like CoD4 but not so sophisticated).
I had something similar planned for Chimpire in "Pro mode"

Basically when you die you need to be revived by a teamate putting his reticle over you and either pressing the use key or waiting like -- a second. Doesn't matter how far away -- so long as you have direct LoS.

The catch of course being if an enemy finds your corpse first -- they can move it -- you'd still be able to revive it (well, "call for backup")... if you find where they put it.

Last edited:

Skaxis

Oct 25, 2003
Everett, WA
Visit site
Skaxis, it sounds like a good idea, although if you've played on a server that had these features, did you try finding out who the server admin was and contact him/her via IRC chat? It would save you (and us) a lot of time of searchin'. ;)

Nope... I wuz so engrossed in the degree of excellent fun I was havin that I left the server when I wuz done all staztisfiziesd that life wuz good....

Sigh...