How do you want your JB-Deck17 ?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

How should JB-Deck17 look like ?

• Deck16-like! (Pure killing fiesta!)

Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Deck32-like! (Double the Deck, double the fun!)

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • It will be better with another mapper. Go away Rob!

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • What? UT2004?! I don't care, I play WoW every day!

Votes: 2 7.1%

• Total voters

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
I know there will be people tha will want to shoot me for saying this, but put the deemer back in. Deck has plenty of cover which limits the power of it unless you really use it well. There isnt much danger of taking out the whole team or anything like that in this map. It's been in deck for all time, leave it there.

Rob

Hole in one!
Nov 19, 2002
France
Visit site
G.Lecter said:
The RocketLauncher beside the teleporter should be changed by another weapon IMO... There are two more RLs already...
Because it was the case in Deck16.
The RocketLauncher in the red side might be better in the hallway where the red jaildoors are now.
Same reason as above.
Try swapping the jails, maybe that will make the map a bit less TDM like. I'm not sure about this though; released players could go too fastly to their switch to defend it after released... and the remake wouldn't be exactly like the original...
You said it all. :)
I think the smoke emitter in the jail should be triggered on only when the escape jumpad is activated...
You're right there. Sadly my shareware version of CoolDudeDoesItForYou has expired, and I don't know where to download a new one... :(
tarquin said:
The escape sequence is broken. Looking in UnrealEd, nothing has an event DisableBlueTeleporter to trigger the TwoTagTrigger.
Not sure to understand. Which actor should have this event and what is a TwoTagTrigger ?
There are some slith shown on the jail cam. What for?
When you're bored, watch your mates or enemies being raped by the gang o' 4, in their unsuccessful attempts to escape. ;)
BTW, do you guys want this thread splitting? The posts about Rob's map could be in a thread of their own.
No need imo. The discussion and the map itself are intermingled.
SirTahngarth said:
put the deemer back in.
Sorry, no. ;)

Rob

Hole in one!
Nov 19, 2002
France
Visit site
Oh yeah I've just found it. A little creation by CD he didn't tell me about. :)

So what CD ? You broke stuff in my map ?! :D

- - - - - - - - - -

(continued)

G.Lecter said:
For the arena: I think 2 healthpacks are just enough, and maybe they would be better one floor down...
Agree.
Consider also swappping the Shock and its AmmoPickup
No, I want you to be able to stop at the ShockRifle and be ready to shoot the guy who tries to pick up the shield.
opening a hole in the middle of the wall where you could shoot through...
Deck16 had a see-through wall of glass. I could put a grate there. You can't shoot yet can see.

CoolDude

Feb 22, 2003
Netherlands
Visit site
Rob said:
So what CD ? You broke stuff in my map ?! :D
I'm sure both escapes worked when I gave it back to you (with the shooting trigger in front of the tube (to make a one person escape possible) and the two teleporters in jail lowered (to make the escape more easier). What you did with it later I don't know. ;)

Rob said:
Sadly my shareware version of CoolDudeDoesItForYou has expired, and I don't know where to download a new one...
Lol :lol:.
Still here, not that active anymore though, but still available.

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
CoolDude said:
I'm sure both escapes worked when I gave it back to you (with the shooting trigger in front of the tube (to make a one person escape possible)

I couldn't work out how to work that. I stand on the spot and the flap opens. What next? I thought I had to get a cellmate to shoot at the end of the little tube, but that didn't work.

CoolDude

Feb 22, 2003
Netherlands
Visit site
To test it:

Open UED and put the shooting triggers TwoTagTrigger1 and TwoTagTrigger2 in front of the tube (so you can shoot it yourself standing on the kicker).
You could also lower TwoTagTrigger3 and TwoTagTrigger4 and put it to the top of the jail, so you will always be teleported and not hit your head all the time trying.

The used TwoTagTrigger is just a subclass of a normal trigger in which it is possible to trigger it on with one event, and trigger it off with another. I had problems using a normal trigger which uses the same event for both. It could happen sometimes that during capture (or release?) it missed an event for some reason. From that point on the trigger worked in reverse. By using seperate events, when this happens it will recover the next time it is operated.

For the blue jail the shootable trigger TwoTagTrigger0 is disabled during Capture and Release. It is triggered by the events EnableRedBlueTeleporter and DisableBlueTeleporter which are send by the ScriptedTrigger2 for the Release and ScriptedTrigger10 for the Capture.

The ScriptedTrigger5 is an 8-way teleporter (which Rob asked for) with equal chances to get teleported to each location. In a later stage only two locations were used (BlueSlithTel1 for slithroom and freedom BlueTel1). Like in the JBIII version, you have a 25% chance to get to freedom.

Edit:
If you have downloaded the map mentioned in the beta testing thread and want the Sliths to work, rename the JB-Deck17-beta1.ut2 into JB-Deck17.ut2 for the reason mentioned there. Or download and extract the one in this post. They both are the same, the mapname is just renamed.

Last edited:

Rob

Hole in one!
Nov 19, 2002
France
Visit site
Like in JB-Deck16, with a 2-guys ladder.
The 1st guy crouches on the floor crosshair to open the trap. The 2nd guy shoots the target at the other end of the tube. It activates a kicker at the smokey circle, which sends a 3rd guy up to the teleporter.

Rob

Hole in one!
Nov 19, 2002
France
Visit site
No, it's not ready. Don't you have seen the length of the to-do list ? ;)
I just hope CD gets tired of Day of Defeat Source soon.
And where's the bug list from INIQUITOUS ?

Rob

Hole in one!
Nov 19, 2002
France
Visit site
JB-Deck17-Beta2

Thanks to CD, the scripting/coding problems were finally solved.
- Sliths are no more hurt during a release.
- Smoke in jail appears only when escape is triggered.
- CD added some smoke during capture.
- He also replaced the escape teleporters. I find it harder now to escape.
Should be the final version, unless someone finds something really ugly. I leave the arena unchanged.
Thanks again CD, it's almost the end of the tunnel. :p

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
I feel that the blue switch is easier to take with the teleporter working that way: You can quickly teleport from the red base to 10 steps away from the blue switch and, with a bit of luck, the 100Keg will be available... That's hard to stop! :hmm: I'd say change the teleporter to the way it's done in the symetrical version... :D
It's OK apart from that. I can't test the escape alone though. ArenaMatch didn't happen, perhaps lower the minimum ArenaMatch time a little? :rolleyes:

Rob

Hole in one!
Nov 19, 2002
France
Visit site
This map has been succesfully tested online with a few friends and a last bug found fixed by CD. Here's the released and final version.

JB-Deck17

Thanks for all CD ! ;)