UE3 - UT3 How do you insert a sound in kismit?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DerickVonD

Jan 15, 2009
I'm trying to create a sound using kismit. I have a door that opens and shuts. I don't want to use a sound in the properties of the mesh. I want to use kismit for the sound, because I'm having problems using the sound in the properties.

DerickVonD

Jan 15, 2009
I'm trying to create a sound using kismit. I have a door that opens and shuts. I don't want to use a sound in the properties of the mesh. I want to use kismit for the sound, because I'm having problems using the sound in the properties.

Here's my issue with using InterpActor properties, I'm making a door that you use with multiple triggers so you can "use" (press a key to activate) the door. I tried using a trigger volume for this but the trigger volume doesn't come into kismet with a "use" function; only "touched" and "touched status", anyway, so the switches move the door 90 degrees like your average swing door, I have it set up so that it's realistic where you have to get within range of the door handle to move the door back and forth.
Now if I don't find a way do get all the door sounds in kismet, and use the door properties in the InterpActor, what happens is I get a glitch when the door opens and I can still use the triggers i have set up to open the door but then (and here's the glitch) I still here the "door opened\closed sounds play each time I hit the switch, I thought about making a delay on the switch but that only works per switch where I have multiple switches any advise will be appreciated.

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
Wouldn't it make sense to simply ignore the Use event or at least not make it play the Matinee again until the door started closing again?

I had the same problem with Quake-style doors (i.e. open for proximity and damage) and solved it using the following script:
attachment.php

Attachments

• DamageProximityDoor.png
    DamageProximityDoor.png
    22 KB · Views: 16

DerickVonD

Jan 15, 2009
I don't know if Iwant ignore the Use event,I want the player to have to press a key to open the door.I don't
know how to do anything like that in matinee because im a newbie at that aspect of the program, making textures
normal maps, masks ect... static meshes and level design im a master at, just didnt do that much with kismet
and i lack the proper tutorials and i'm not much of a scripter either, I just used common sence to figure out
how to do most of what Iv done in Kismet which is simple doors and a few more complex movers with more moving
parts ie: a castle door going up with gears rotating ect.and a few lights and simple crap like that, I'm gonna
take a programming course soon dont know if that will help me or not just wish i could find some more advanced
tuts online about kismet

Last edited: