1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

How do I take a screeny of Ued?

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by smally, Aug 18, 2001.

1. smally

smally New Member

Is there a simple way to take a screeny of Ued? I keep seeing ppl with screenshots from in the editor posted. Is there a hot key to do this or do I need to have another program to take it?

2. lycrake

lycrake New Member

easy

im no pro at Ued, but this technique works for everything. If you have a normal keyboard (i.e with a numpad) then you will notice a button labeled "print screen" directly above the Insert key (that it situated on the right of the keyboard in a group of six, u can't miss it haha.) Whenever you press this it literally saves the current screen onto the clipboard, so you can paste it into your image editor. This is useful for as u say posting screenies and making some wicked backgrounds quickly, heh, hope that helps

Lataz

LyCrAkE

3. Lodev

Lodev New Member

for some reason, I can't past such images into PhotoShop, only in PSP

Is my PhotoShop broken, or is it just "suckass"? :)

4. OshadowO

OshadowO Irregular

Lode just tried it out in PhotoShop 5.5....
    It works for me must be your version or soemthing.

5. The ultimate novice

The ultimate novice It's MY island!

:confused:
    I've always used alt+prtScr

6. cool breeze

cool breeze Yea, thats really me!

Smally,
    hit print screen.

Now, open PSP

then hit theEdit tab and choose (Paste as new image)

Save as Jpeg

7. Stryker8

Stryker8 New Member

is there a way to get a picture of the viewport only?
    like in ut?
    or do i have to adjust the viewports, full screen and then prnt screen again?

8. lycrake

lycrake New Member

well, you can just take a screen grab using print screen, paste it in PSP 5.5, 6 whatever. Select the area of the screen you want as the final image and then goto Image/Crop (i think its that, i know its the crop command) and this takes that area and pastes it as a new image. Kool eh? Theres also a crop tool which does this as well, easy when you know how. Tell me how u get on, lataz

LyCrAkE

9. Stryker8

Stryker8 New Member

yeah, but quality sucks
    and i want a full screen picture
    and i don't wanne go into ut to take a bloody pic

10. smally

smally New Member

TTR: Ued has a button down at the bottom right of the screen (near the vertex-snap button). This button will toggle your viewports into full screen. Just make sure the 3d view is the active viewport (just click on it) and then hit this button and you will get a full-screen of the 3d view. So then all you gotta do is hit your printscreen. I like using the fullscreen size 3d view to do texturing too. :)

11. Mr Roboto

Mr Roboto New Member

There's a neat little utility program called Snagit. You can set this program to capture the whole screen or just the active window etc. You can find it on one of the major download sites.