How about some vJB?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Tazdrummer_VIII

Network pimp by day,flak monkey by night
May 27, 2004
Allen Park, Michigan
An interesting point was brought up by a clan mate.

With vehicles included is that going to include a tank? His theory is "having a tank running around in Jailbreak does not sound overly fair or fun; even if both sides have one, it will quickly become last tank standing wins."

Just curious what you guys thought of it.

Birelli

meh...
Oct 14, 2001
Syracuse, NY
I doubt we'll ever see the tank in JB, it's way too powerful when one shot can kill and that puts the guy in jail for the round. I was considering both the Raptor and the Manta for my map as well but after testing them they're just too darn fast. In ONS it's fine if people can zip across the map, non-adjacent power nodes aren't vulnerable. In JB though having someone be able to quickly zip in and jump out at the enemy base would completely ruin the gameplay.

So, after some consideration, I'm thinking the Hellbender and Scorpion are the only decent choices, at least for the layout of the map I'm working on. The Hellbender is particularly well balanced in that it's relatively powerful weapons are counteracted by the need to put 2 or 3 players in the vehicle to use them. A couple of well placed AVRILs could spell disaster for a team that has 3 of their 5 players in a Hellbender, for example.

I think you may see the Manta or Raptor around though. If the bases of a map are of a decent size and they are enclosed and impossible to enter by vehicle, the speed concerns are somewhat balanced out, especially since the Manta and Raptor are very vulnerable to a well-placed shot or two.

TheSpoonDog

CBP3! Yarrr!
Jun 1, 2001
NZ
spoondog.beyondunreal.com
Almost anything can be put in a map, as long as the level designer is good enough, and designs the layout of the map right from the start. Yes, the tank is powerful, but it was also said that the redeemer was too powerful for UTJB, and that had been in quite a few maps since then. For example - maybe the tank has to cross a narrow platform to get to the main map area, making it totally vulnerable to all those other AVRIL-loaded players who can see it :)

I think the Leviathan may be a different story, though anything's possible...

Last edited:

Half_Lunatic

Other Half Not There
Jun 24, 2002
Bmore
Visit site
I don't fool around with vehicles in editing, but I'm sure it is possible to lower the health on some vehicles like the tank. The Leviathan on the other hand is well....NEVEEEEER!!! I'd probably delete any JB maps with this since I hate it in ONS.

FireCrack

May 25, 2004
Arena idea.

Each player spawns with a scorpion and has to race across a long cool track to a teleporter that has a trigger on it that closes a door just a bit earlier down the track, it also triggers a somwhat elaborate death sequence for the guy left behind.

(yes i have played scorpionrace too much)

Last edited:

TK v3

He Who Sucks Righteously At Mapping
Feb 16, 2003
South-East England
Visit site
I got a map in the works, like I said, and it's pretty much finito once the bugs are worked out. It's effectively two back-to-back bases with a half-pipe track linking them... oh, and a jump and a soon-to-be-flaming ring for your stunt pleasure.

ChaosJester

May 26, 2004
In reference to an earlier comment a jail that is a bus that rides around on a track that could run people over and allow the occupants to shoot out of the windows would be fun to have in a large map. The kill sequence would be a derailing and crash sequence. It would be perfect for a vJB match

DYN@MITE

Volley-Fire
May 28, 2004
Belgium
i have a good idea for an arena, why don't you give a manta or so and let a whole bunch of monsters in the arena, you can choose then dodge the monsters or kill your opponent.

i could have been playing too much invasion lately :D