How about entry wound decals that persist?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Murphy

Have beer, will travel.
Jan 9, 2001
Something to do while you are dead...or alive and checking corpses; check the killer's aim!

It would be neat (and make a nice screenshot)to have sniped, put the bullets between the eyes, and have the corpse there with the marks to prove it!

I know you folks are working up a several course meal here, and this is suggestion is a garnish at best, but I hope it merits some consideration.

farrp

Nov 25, 1999
Visit site
I suggested this twice, once about 6 months ago and then again 3 or 4 months ago. And their response was, (here's a shock!) No one replied to it.

SpUnKy

Aug 15, 1999
Would love it

It may sound a bit ghoulish... dwelling on gore levels is a very curious discussion subject for me... but after playing Hitman and Soldier of Fortune, I'd have to say that wound decals on player models add a lot tot he realism.

I am sick of the cheesy blood impacts in UT in general. Globs of red that just kind of splat out and then disappear look really silly to me; I would prefer just a puff of smoke, and (ideally) a blood decal. This would also make it possible to spot head shots :)

Although the whole chunk thing looks cool sometimes too... :)

"Brains... braayyyyhhhnns...."

The_Fur

Back in black
Nov 2, 2000
www.rlgaming.com
Hmm, it would be kindof nice, they are not really different from impact signs on walls are they? Just 1 problem. How to stop them from floating in the air like the ones on the door do when you close them?

I too would like some more realistic signs of injury perhaps like in the originl Rainbow six where a bullet wound really looked like the cloathing underneat was soaked wit blood, no fancy clouds of blood, jus a red splotch.

This would make it a lot harder to see if you actually took somebody down at range. I like it.

<A HREF="http://www.rlgaming.com" TARGET=_blank>
bigsig.gif

Reviewer, Contributing Columnist Real Life Gaming</A>