Holy Crap!! 2!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Ultron

Robot XMP Beta Tester
Mar 6, 2000
Secret Hideout
clans.utworld.net
darknight7 said:
What I mean is that I would be very surprised if the mod broke compatibility with ut2003 maps but then as you pointed out no one will play antalus anyway. Technically speaking I don't see a reason for broken compatibility but in practice this could still happen by choice of the players.

I don't mean as if we literally can't load up the UT2k3 maps, just that they might seem significantly larger if the scale of UTR models are dramatically smaller.

UT2k3 model is 88U's high.
UT model is 80U's high.

UT and UT2k3 camera "eye" level is roughly 72UU's high.

If that is the case, then the maps might not look any smaller, even though the models are smaller.

Running speed will be faster, so that will help, and dodges I am not sure if they are faster or slower in UT2k3 so I can't say what that change will be. I think the dodges in UT2k3 are faster and further than in UT. I'll double check in a few minutes.

Last edited:

Ultron

Robot XMP Beta Tester
Mar 6, 2000
Secret Hideout
clans.utworld.net
Oh I remember about dodges. Dodges are roughly 24% further in UT2k3 than in UT, in terms of units. I know that because I converted Unreal's DM-Ariza to UT2k3 and tried it out in UT and I scaled it to 1.24 the original size and dodges at different points of the map were identical to the dodges I did in UT. BTW UT's dodges were incrementally larger than Unreal's dodges, too.

So I would guess that the dodge is 24% longer and probably somewhat faster in UT2k3 than in UT.

SylverFyre

Spongebob Squarepants
Jan 3, 2003
UK
www.byut.net
UT2k3 running speed is approximately 8% faster than UT, but since the maps are around 20% more spacious to allow for superdodges thats why UT2k3 actually feels slower.

Your right about eye level - they are pretty much identical.

Ive played Coret pretty much solid in UT & 2k3 in the last 2 weeks and if you dont double jump or dodge jump etc etc it feels very good. dodging is further and faster as you say but if you restrict your playing style to the way you play UT it actually feels really good.

:)

Ultron

Robot XMP Beta Tester
Mar 6, 2000
Secret Hideout
clans.utworld.net
Yeah most UT2k3 maps will not suffer if the supermoves are not available. I still think that UT gameplay will do fine on most UT2k3 maps, and obviously on many UT maps. Just as UT2k3 supermoves will work in a lot of UT maps as well. That doesn't mean those maps are neccessarily less enjoyable than with UT.

Certainly UT2k3's supermoves are less limited than UT's moves, and are advantageous in a lot of ways. But many UTers don't want those super moves and will be satisfied without them even on UT2k3 maps that thrive on them.

Be sure to check out my thread on the Atari forums if you haven't already. I need to retest the run speed using a much longer map but I'll do that tomorrow. :)