Hey, i'm new here

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

JoLTz

Jun 3, 2004
I've noticed only...about 5-10 servers for this mod. There aren't very many are there? How many players are there?

pistos

Mar 18, 2004
Hard to say how many players. But, there is a pretty consistent group that play on the Mystic-Fighters server on Monday nights (German time). And, there is a consistent group that play on the BBF server on Monday, Friday, and Saturday nights (USA time). It is hard to predict where the action is going to be happening at any given day or time.

I suggest getting xFire, and then setting your Unreal Tournament 2004 server filter to look for "xmp" map names. When you see some action starting up, hop in. We love to have new players and will help you along to learn the game if you need it. Don't be afraid to ask for help/explanation in-game.

JoLTz

Jun 3, 2004
Alright thanks. The downloads are really big though. Does anyone know a website where I can download everything individually? It goes too slow for me on some servers.

pistos

Mar 18, 2004
If you are asking about maps to download, see this thread:

http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=170360

Here is the relevant information quoted for you from that thread:

Killinya said:
BBF's FTP server has most all the maps available on the server including two massive zips, one with released maps, one with alpha/beta maps

ftp://67.19.202.226/utxmp/

Go to the FTP address given by Killinya. You can download all of the various maps that are available for UTXMP, which are typically played on the servers.

ME TO ME TO... Im new too :p

Yeah, Im considerd strange for having the taste in games that i do in this country ... if you dont play cs:source your not with it aparantly anyways fortunatly there are a few ppl like me who are always willing to have lans and whatnot especialy when we dont wanna waist bandwidth connecting to a foreign server half way around the world.

NZ PWNS

pistos

Mar 18, 2004
Good to have both you in the XMP community! Hope to see you in game soon. :cool:

pistos

Mar 18, 2004
Good gamin with you this evening carrot. Hope you got a little help on how to play.