Help with skin... PLEASE

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

>OsA<Nenad_Crusader

Aug 16, 2004
Hi all,
I've just made my first skin. It works on my PC, but can't make it work on my clan's server... (It's UT 2004)
I've uploaded the "myskin.utx" file in the textures folder of the server, and the "myskin.upl" file in the system folder of the server, cause that's where I've found them on my PC after I've installed the skin, and that's the only 2 files I've found...
Did I miss a file to upload? I heard of a ".int" file but I dont have it for this skin...
Please help what sould I do???

klasnic

ra ra rat Putin!
Jan 24, 2004
Waterford, Ireland
Hi Crusader it sounds right you should only have the two files .utx and .upl unless you want to actually have the server push the skin to clients. If you play the game on the server does your skin show up there at all? If not just re-check that the .utx is in the UT2004\Textures folder and the .upl is in the UT2004\System folder 'cause it should work fine if they're in the right place :)

Last edited:

>OsA<Nenad_Crusader

Aug 16, 2004
Thanks for your reply.
Well they all seem to be in the right place...But other players still don't see my skin, and I see it... I was told that I should change something in the myserver.ini file (add serverpackages=skinname), should I?

The Helios

Keeper of the Ancient Ones
Apr 17, 2004
Welcome aboard, Crusader. You can step on my most recent thread to join my holy war.

Klasnic, and .int file is for UT, right? .Upl, .utx and .ukx are for UT2k4?

PD: Skin Citiy forums more alive than ever!!!

SaD

Skincollecting Fanatic
Sep 6, 2003
Germany
skincity.beyondunreal.com
>OsA<Nenad_Crusader said:
Thanks for your reply.
Well they all seem to be in the right place...But other players still don't see my skin, and I see it... I was told that I should change something in the myserver.ini file (add serverpackages=skinname), should I?

search for your UT2004.ini (not your myserver.ini) .It´s lokated at X:/UT2004/system (X is the harddrive you installed the game) .
Open the .ini with a texteditor (like notepad) and search for this part :
[Engine.GameEngine] .
Below that are lots of Serverpackages like this : ServerPackages=BonusPack .
Add Serverpackages=yourskinname at the End of the Serverpackages .

I hope that helps.

Welcome aboard, Crusader.
Yeah , welcome .

Klasnic, and .int file is for UT, right? .Upl, .utx and .ukx are for UT2k4?
I would say so , but I have seen some .int at UT2004 , too .
Normally you are right . Regarding skins . .int and .utx = UT .
.upl and .utx are UT2003/2004 .

PD: Skin Citiy forums more alive than ever!!!
And that´s a good thing :D .

klasnic

ra ra rat Putin!
Jan 24, 2004
Waterford, Ireland
I don't 'think' that'll work just on its own (adding that line)... There's another thread here in which I explained all about pushing skins from servers (you need a .u file). Just take a look in the off topic thread and you'll see it there :)

The Helios

Apr 17, 2004
I think it is not possible but: can we modify .u,. int or .ukx files. i don't know which one of them carries the meshes and other stuff but I wish to know if UnrealEd can do that or I need expensive programs like 3dStudio (it is expensive to me :D ).

klasnic

ra ra rat Putin!
Jan 24, 2004
Waterford, Ireland
The .ukx files are the animation files they contain the character meshes and anim info - You can change them but if you change the default ones make sure you save using a different name or you won't be able to get online (skin hack thing)... You can modify or write your own .u files as they're really only text files with info for servers in them and .int files I think are basically the same thing :)

The Helios

Apr 17, 2004
Thank you for the info, Klasnic. Right now I will reinstall the old UT to put my hand on every file and see what happens! (A massive crash I guess! :) ).

The Helios

Apr 17, 2004
Have you ever touch the RAMs and burnt them because you forgot to discharge the static? Or begin a little fire when you turn on the printer? :D

klasnic

ra ra rat Putin!
Jan 24, 2004
Waterford, Ireland
:lol: the worst thing I ever done was take in an ancient computer to repair it. There was a mountain of dust on the motherboard so before going near it I got the vacuum cleaner to it :D Needless to say the poor board didn't survive the ordeal and I gave it back and told him to get a new pc lol

Aug 2, 2004
The worse thing that happened to me was a little fun from some left overs of a local toy store. They had these top things called beyblades and since I was close friend they gave me some of their surplus stock. I rig an old CD drive or was it HDD, doesnt matter, so I rig it too go really fast then I shoot these tops on it.... boom they thing breaks to bits. No one got hurt but it was a pain to clean. Though I did find the tops to be fun :D.