Help with manual configuration for UT99

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Cpanoplyd

Jul 22, 2004
I've read the readme but can't figure out the way to set the settings with ONLY the ini. We run a dedicated server so that MOD Menu doesn't do anything for me since I make changes on my local machine, but it is identical to the settings on the server. This happens even if I change the settings on my local machine and recheck which ones changed, they're still identical.

Is there anywhere that the definition of all the INI Settings are given? I've been searching for a way to turn off the teamkilling in the jails but there are no threads under Jailbreak with TEAMKILLING, TEAMKILL, but there are MANY with team and kill since they are being searched for as seperate words.....all the ones I opened, they were not in the same sentence....UGH

We've just opened a JB Server and I've been administrating the Jailbreak for about 2 weeks.....so I'm still trying to learn how to get it set up.

Any pointers are greatly appreciated!

Thanks
CPan

Cpanoplyd

Jul 22, 2004
Guess I should look at the BOTTOM of my Unrealtournament.INI file for the changes.......

But anyway, how do I turn off the Jail Team Killing? I don't want teammates killing teammates inside jail.

Birelli

meh...
Oct 14, 2001
Syracuse, NY
There's a variable bFriendlyFireInJail under Jailbreak.Jailbreak in my UnrealTournament.ini file, if you're still looking I think this is what you want, I could be wrong though. You also need to NOT use the JailFight mutator just in case you were.

Cpanoplyd

Jul 22, 2004
I have removed Jailfight completely from the ServerPackages and mapvoteLA, tried the bFriendlyFireInJail both TRUE and FALSE but I can still headshot players in Jails with either setting. Note that this is ONLY headshots (damage type: decapitation) everything else does no damage. Could this be a bug in the code or am I the only one having this problem?

Also, What do the variables:

DisableGameTypeHack
HopDelay
FlagLlamaize

Mean/do? They aren't variables that seem to change via the UT menus and they aren't explained in the readme files.

Birelli

meh...
Oct 14, 2001
Syracuse, NY
I don't have any idea, which makes me think they shouldn't be changed.

I'm really at a loss as to why I forgot about these, but anyway check out http://www.planetjailbreak.com/download/mutators/. That's a listing of JBIII mutators, including "JailPeace" and "NoJailKill", which might be useful since you sound like you don't want jailed players doing damage to anyone in any way. Neither one specifically handles headshots of jailed players in the description, but it might be worth testing it out.