Help. Macintosh Browser Problem.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[ACP]-Gecko

May 28, 2001
Ukraine
Visit site
I have a Mac G3 300 Mhz (Mac OS 9.1), 256 Mb RAM and ATI Rage 128. I have INF 1.85.5 with new browser update. I just reinstalled it. When I'm opening my INF browser my computer just freezes and I have to restart the computer. Please help.

Rabid-pitbull

Oct 13, 2000
:( You should may need to reinstall again...but first make sure you have enough memory alocated to ut 200M should be enough. Make sure you have enough memory left for system and inf launcher as well.

It sounds like something went wrong when u installed new launcher. Make sure you did that correctly.

It could be anything. Sorry I cant really pinpoint the problem for you, but sometimes these silly little machines go nutty.

also make sure to defrag your hard drive, and reset desktop files every so often too.

good luck:)

Marshall_T

May 28, 2001
Jolly old London
Visit site
I have a same problem.
I am also on a Mac.
Intresting thing is that after I DL new version game browser was working with ocasional freeze when switching rounds but then it just starting freezing when I click on browser button, and now I am unable to play.

All I can say this version is bugy like hell, none of this things where hapening on last version.

I hope somebody can help with this problem.

ovw

Oct 18, 2000
Central Florida
Odd

I came to this forum precisely for this reason, I have just now tried to get online, I can GET to the browser screen but when I hit the INF tab, I lock up. I have a 450mhz G4 with 512Mb RAM running 9.1 using the 128 ati rage pro.

Almost forgot...I did a CLEAN install of UT last night (wanted to get rid off all the maps I don't use). Things worked fine this morning, but now...

Thanks!

OVW

[ACP]-Gecko

May 28, 2001
Ukraine
Visit site
I really think its the news problem.

BUT I FORMATED HD TODAY ONLY FOR THIS. I ORMATED HD installed fresh system and fresh UT. Still it locked up when I clicked BROWSER button. I think it locks up when it tries to retrieve the news.[

Social Distortion

From the shodows come my bullets *splat*
Apr 12, 2001
San Francisco CA
Visit site
alright I get iinto server browser but it takes forever for it show all the servers.. I have a feeling it is searching all the ut servers. I have a clean install and already added new server browser line to my ini files please help.

BA Baracus

I pity the fool!
Oct 17, 2000
texas
www.giantsofscience.org
in your UT:System folder, open up the "Infiltration.ini" file.

find the seciton labeled [UBrowser.UBrowserMainClientWindow]
make it look like this:

LANTabName=UBrowserLAN
ServerListNames[0]=INF_BrowserINF
ServerListNames[1]=INF_BrowserLAN
ServerListNames[2]=INF_BrowserPopulated
ServerListNames[3]=INF_BrowserDeathmatch
ServerListNames[4]=INF_BrowserTeamGames
ServerListNames[5]=INF_BrowserCTF
ServerListNames[6]=INF_BrowserDOM
ServerListNames[7]=INF_BrowserAS
ServerListNames[8]=INF_BrowserLMS
ServerListNames[9]=INF_BrowserAll

the tab names will be a little weird but they'll work. next look for [INF_BrowserAll]

if there are any entries there other than "infmaster.sobservers.com" delete them and make the inf server the [0] one

vaporman

Sep 20, 2000
I got my brower to work, finally!!!

I used the instructions from BA Baracus to get it to work. The part about making sobserver the only one made a huge difference. To make it so the Browser tabs don't look wierd, look for the file "UBrowser.int" in your system folder of UT and insert:

INF_BrowserINF=INF Servers
INF_BrowserLAN=LAN Servers
INF_BrowserPopulated=Populated Servers
INF_BrowserDeathmatch=INF DM
INF_BrowserTeamGames=INF Team DM
INF_BrowserCTF=INF CTF
INF_BrowserDOM=INF DOM
INF_BrowserAS=INF Assault
INF_BrowserLMS=INF LMS
INF_BrowserAll=All Servers

That'll correct the names in the INF browser.

Social Distortion

From the shodows come my bullets *splat*
Apr 12, 2001
San Francisco CA
Visit site
Ty Next thing you know its back working right, I think it has to do with main server and being on a mac. I believe I already made those adjustments you posted the only one I need to double check is the line about sob servers I know I entered it jus5t need to make sure I deleted the old ones ty again.

vaporman

Sep 20, 2000
INF mac .ini files

I just wish the INF team could release a mac launcher with updated .ini files, so that the browser would work the first time. Kind of a pain if all mac users have to adjust the .ini files themselves.

hawaiian c

)(åwåiiåñ ç
Jan 10, 2001
HELLLLLLLLLLP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I tryed alll that but still didnt work its been 6 days can u guys help??!!

Hypenotist

Catharsis hypothesis
Mar 15, 2001
bump

I just reinstalled and was only getting regular UT servers, had to find the post where the original revised mac launcher was since that new one is messed up. Now I gotta fix the .ini again to show inf servers LOL. You gotta be a coder just to play this mod ;P Hopefully with 2.86 they will have a mac friendly install ready, that includes all the mac fixes.

Marshall_T

May 28, 2001
Jolly old London
Visit site
It looks like from time to time Inf master server is not responding when you click on browser button, this is rare, but it seams like you got a freeze and then you get all the normal UT servers. You can click on Inf games button or restart the game

:redeemer: