Hello there. ... Should I be nervous?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Monk

Total Rookie
Dec 15, 2008
South-East England
Evenin' all.

Standard forum hello. I've only ever posted in Off-topic forums before, so to register at one with a distinct theme feels a little odd.

Maybe moreso because I haven't got a clue about games design, modding or anything related.

But I hope to learn!

I hope ...

Anyway, anything I should know about this place? Forum heels, forum legends, etc.?

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
heels and legends? what is this, pro-wrestling?

obligatory:
welcome_mat.jpg

Monk

Total Rookie
Dec 15, 2008
South-East England
Not sure yet. How do I get a copy of the Unreal Editor? And how much does it cost?

I work in a hospital. You want some clean needles?

Monk

Total Rookie
Dec 15, 2008
South-East England
Stop being On-Topic in Off-topic :con: You try to confuse!

Very true, apologies.

I'll level with you guys right now. I need a new career path. I was looking at college courses in games design + development, but they are incredibly expensive. I emailed a few games studios for advice, and the usual response was 'We don't look at qualifications too much. Get a games editor and get modding. There are forums for geeks like you.'

And here I am. Although the forum itself looks relatively confusing to me. I'm not sure how I'll cope on this new path I've chosen ...

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
We squashed all heels long time ago. Except for the ones that wear Power Armor.

Last edited:

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
Seriously though, why would you come to this Off-topic forum in the first place if you never played an Unreal series game? Everyone else here has at least that much in common, or I hope so anyways...

Monk

Total Rookie
Dec 15, 2008
South-East England
Seriously though, why would you come to this Off-topic forum in the first place if you never played an Unreal series game? Everyone else here has at least that much in common, or I hope so anyways...

Oh, I'm a big fan of Gears of War (or most of it, anyway). One of the developers I contacted recommended getting an Unreal Editor, playing around with it and joining a forum.

Hi!

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
Oh, I'm a big fan of Gears of War (or most of it, anyway). One of the developers I contacted recommended getting an Unreal Editor, playing around with it and joining a forum.

Hi!

did you know that your nick rhymes on 'clonk'? :)