Health upgrade is worthless.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Lizard Of Oz

Demented Avenger
Oct 25, 1998
In a cave & grooving with a Pict
www.nsa.gov
Health:

Raising your Health above 100 does not help you in individual battles. Your chance of winning is not effected. (unlike in UT2K3)

If you raise your health level above 100 you lose health at a greater rate (9 for wins and 14 for loses as opposed to 5 for wins and 10 for loses.).

So, what’s the point of spend great wads of cash on the health upgrade? The only adavntage,
and it’s not really an atvantage at all, is you can challenge more people without topping off your health as often.

The Health upgrade should increase your chance in battle, and the rate you lose health should not be affected.

Last edited:

Gundato

Wangosaurus Rex
Feb 26, 2002
In a Nuclear Missile Silo
liz, go play some more. the health boosters are a GREAT advantage. they are a bit more expensive to maintain, but well. let's just say i have 235 max health for a reason :D

ert

Aug 3, 2003
germany
Visit site
lizard: you've certainly seen this kind of message before: "nick1" gets fragged by "nick2" because of his low health level. that means that "nick2" had more health than "nick1" .... more health = one sure frag ;)

DeadEyeNick

Dec 30, 2000
ert said:
lizard: you've certainly seen this kind of message before: "nick1" gets fragged by "nick2" because of his low health level. that means that "nick2" had more health than "nick1" .... more health = one sure frag ;)
Ah, I didn't know that, thx. :)

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
I think the upgrade is overpriced, though. also a tip: if u need to restore health just buy lots of health vials, its cheaper overall (even if it does take longer and it sucks more bandwidth for the pages generated ;)

Victorious

Aug 2, 2003
Visit site
I don't think it's that overpriced. Because at higher levels you get faster money and there are already people with like 800 hp.