has anyone been to College?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[GU]elmur_fud

I have balls of Depleted Uranium
Mar 15, 2005
Waco, Texas
mtbp.deviantart.com
Lol 1.5 years of dual majors in biology and geology with an undeclared minor. One year MCSE, MCSA, CCNA, and A+ certification courses. Two years taken in 1 year of Graphics design (I CLEPped all that they would let me and took a double class load) for 2 associate degrees. And I plan to go back to college for the Geology as soon as I get my loans paid off.

[GU]elmur_fud

Mar 15, 2005
Waco, Texas
mtbp.deviantart.com
@bba unless I went to the wrong parties I'd have to say that that is nothing like college... but there was allot of sex... so it kinda counts. Oh but you had to be drunk and at least pretending to take notes.

I also took about a semester of culinary arts classes but that wasn't like either of the other colleges I have attended.

Gir

Offensive mode!
Apr 23, 2000
Peking Eend.
Visit site
I went to college and learned how to make shitty websites.

College taught me how to pirate music using FTP servers, later with Napster and then iMesh and then Kazoo.

The first pirated movie I watched (made possible not by P2P but the wonders of DivX, anno 2000 - I was 19) was a cinematic experience that we all had to share in on. Late in the evening, we invited friends to come over to a reserved conference room. One classmate brought a small dolby surround setup (though I doubt audio supported that, tbh). We smuggled in beers and chips and watched Galaxy Quest and the cool bits of Cube. It was still the time when most of our bigger files came from ftp servers hosted around Dutch universities, rather than peer to peer services.

P2P was the new kid on the block, we would never have been able to pull in 500 mb all by ourselves.

Last edited:

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
Spent 7 years getting a 4 year degree. Not because I failed anything, but I was lazy and only took 4 classes per semester, dropped some classes, had somewhat of a messy transfer to a new college in which I repeated some classes, etc...

Don't really regret the slow and steady approach because it left me with really good grades. And I didn't have to be as lifeless as those with 6+ classes per semester.

[GU]elmur_fud

Mar 15, 2005
Waco, Texas
mtbp.deviantart.com
My first semester of my dual major I only took 4 but it was the summer and one was a field class. The next semester I did 8 (4 of which were 4 credit classes, 2 were 3, the last 2 were 2) then the next I took 10. I don't know what I would have done with myself with that few classes. Who am I kidding I would have spent more of my time on UT99 and with my GF or maybe got a real job that could ... have ... helped ... me.. stay in college. Oh... Curse you hindsight! :/

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
[GU]elmur_fud;2584505 said:
Who am I kidding I would have spent more of my time on UT99

That's exactly what I did. :D

There were two semesters where I only took one class per semester. I was an idiot for never keeping a graduation checklist or seeing any advisers to set me on the right path. I didn't balance my class load which left me with Physics I and Physics II before I could get my associates and transfer to a new school. So that sucked, but at the same time, I had so much freedom! Although I was also working overnights at FedEx at the time, and that turned me into an absolute zombie.

DRT-Maverick

Lover of Earwigs
Dec 4, 1999
Reno, NV
[GU]elmur_fud;2584505 said:
My first semester of my dual major I only took 4 but it was the summer and one was a field class. The next semester I did 8 (4 of which were 4 credit classes, 2 were 3, the last 2 were 2) then the next I took 10. I don't know what I would have done with myself with that few classes. Who am I kidding I would have spent more of my time on UT99 and with my GF or maybe got a real job that could ... have ... helped ... me.. stay in college. Oh... Curse you hindsight! :/

Most colleges limit you to 5 classes a semester, some 6, how did you manage 8?