hardcore case modding

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

larrystorch

Jul 16, 2001
The Right Coast
www.beyondunreal.com
I ran across some links on extreme case modding. I'll admit that I don't get the windows and neon light set-ups that some people do.

This is a forum on cool cases that people have submitted. Everything is in this thread. Windows, paint jobs, water-cooling and other extreme cases. WARNING: alot of pictures and slow to load even if your connected to a fat pipe.

Here is a page from a guy who used CAD software to design himself a custom putar cube made out of 3mm aluminium. This is amazing. The guy did a great job making this. I think I have a government job at work now. I'm gonna make Pro/Engineer sweat trying to out do this:)

larrystorch

Jul 16, 2001
The Right Coast
www.beyondunreal.com
I got the software to model it in 3D and generate machining prints, heck, I do it for a living. I can also get the materials easily. Just getting acess to a milling machine to fabricate it is the hard part, and Im not gonna pay $60/hour for someone to machine when I have run the machine for years.

anyone here got acess to a Bridgeport knee mill with NC interface? Didn't think so:(

PuppyShade

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
Sep 3, 2001
Plick-ville
Visit site
Originally posted by larrystorch

anyone here got acess to a Bridgeport knee mill with NC interface? Didn't think so:(

Damnit ! i have acess to a Bridgeport knee mill with ND interface!
sorry i can't help ;)

B

Bee
Sep 6, 2000
Bussum, NL
www.zdclan.nl
Originally posted by <*)_><
Guess what, the guy is dutch :)

htt p://www.vieren.be/casemod/ Dutch ?? :eek:

[Pimp] http://www.joltmeister.com/meelobee/casemod.htm [/pimp]

Case004.jpg

Lynxx

Jul 2, 2000
Visit site
Originally posted by larrystorch
Here is a page from a guy who used CAD software to design himself a custom putar cube made out of 3mm aluminium. This is amazing. :)
:)
stuff like that is amazingly simple to design and execute. I helped with parts design, actual layout, fabrication and assembly of electronic mounting hardware and enclosures for years. CAD is absolute folly, because it wastes valuable time with one-offs. I honestly could have done every step on the project case myself, start to finish, much faster with no CAD. and with so many hours he said he spent there, I can only guess at how many samples I would have on hand. the only part I could not have done personally was the laser cut, as that wasn't a necessary part of our work. while the results may in the end be attractive, it was no herculean feat by any stretch. just keep in mind that metal fabrication is far from any sort of black art and most people are rightly unimpressed by it. ;)