Good old Amazon Outsourced Tech Support

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

QUALTHWAR

Baitshop opening soon.
Apr 9, 2000
Nali City, Florida
web.tampabay.rr.com
You are now connected to Amazon from Amazon.com
Me:My Tivo Roamio DVR has constant flashing light. 2 Tivo techs said bad DVR. Also told them that the Tivo mini I also purchased clunked when I would rock it back and forth. They said return it. Supposed to be solid inside and nothing should move around. Started return process, but see refund money for the mini and replace for the DVR. Do not see Replace for the mini. I don’t want a refund, I want a replacement for both items, but only available for Roamio DVR.‎12‎:‎08‎:‎36‎ ‎PM

Amazon:Hello, my name is Rahul . I'll be happy to help you. ‎12‎:‎08‎:‎54‎ ‎PM
Could you please provide the order number to me?

Me:Did you see my first post?‎12‎:‎09‎:‎41‎ ‎PM
yes, hold on
xxx-xxxxxxx-xxxxxxx

Amazon:please wait for a moment‎12‎:‎10‎:‎35‎ ‎PM
OK,I am apologies for the inconvenience.
I'll make a replacement for the entire item.Is its good for you.??

Me:Do you mean for entire purchase? DVR and mini?‎12‎:‎13‎:‎54‎ ‎PM

Amazon:Ya .‎12‎:‎14‎:‎04‎ ‎PM
No sorry for my word.

Me:Yes. That is fine. So do I have to pay for the return postage? If so, do I get any sort of money back for that, or am I just out that money?‎12‎:‎15‎:‎03‎ ‎PM

Amazon:I'll only make replacement for the TiVo Roamio Plus HD Digital Video Recorder and Streaming Media Player (TCD848000) ‎12‎:‎15‎:‎52‎ ‎PM

Me:So what about the mini that has something clunking around inside that isn't supposed to do that?‎12‎:‎16‎:‎34‎ ‎PM

Amazon:I'm sorry about the problem you had with your ITEM. I've checked
your order and see the item was ordered from SpddyS LLC a seller on our website. Because SpddyS LLC inventory is constantly changing, we can't replace items sold by them that are Fulfilled by Amazon.‎12‎:‎16‎:‎43‎ ‎PM
For this I am creating a return label,you have to return back to amazon and place another order.

Me:Wait, you are losing me...‎12‎:‎18‎:‎31‎ ‎PM
So for the Roamio DVR, that will get replaced. Right?

Amazon:Ya its right.‎12‎:‎19‎:‎43‎ ‎PM

Me:Ok, are you sending me a label for that?‎12‎:‎19‎:‎56‎ ‎PM

Amazon:For Tivo TCDA92000 TiVo Mini ??‎12‎:‎20‎:‎14‎ ‎PM

Me:Let's be clear and take this one item at a time. I am talking only about the Roamio DVR. Are you sending me a shipping label for that?‎12‎:‎22‎:‎01‎ ‎PM

Amazon:You have to return ‎12‎:‎23‎:‎36‎ ‎PM
TiVo Roamio Plus HD Digital Video Recorder and Streaming Media Player Right??

Me:Yes, that is one of the items. Are you sending me a return label for that item?‎12‎:‎24‎:‎20‎ ‎PM

Amazon:Ya wait for a minute.‎12‎:‎24‎:‎40‎ ‎PM
I am sending a return label for this Please check it now.

Me:Check what? My email?‎12‎:‎27‎:‎37‎ ‎PM
This tech support is terrible.

Amazon:Ya ‎12‎:‎27‎:‎59‎ ‎PM
You email only.
I am apologies for the inconvenience.

Me:You are supposed to say: I apologize for the inconvenience.‎12‎:‎29‎:‎49‎ ‎PM
I have the email. Now, let's move onto the next item and be clear about that one...

Amazon:For that ,I am not able to resend this item to you because it is sold by the seller & fulfilled by amazon.com. ‎12‎:‎31‎:‎27‎ ‎PM

Me:So for the mini, you say that was purchased through SpddyS LLC. How does that affect me? Am I supposed to return the item through them? If so, how do I contact them. I hope their support is more professional than this support is.‎12‎:‎31‎:‎53‎ ‎PM

Amazon:I apologies for the inconvenience.‎12‎:‎33‎:‎42‎ ‎PM
You contacted to the seller for the this item.

Me:Do you have their contact information?‎12‎:‎34‎:‎45‎ ‎PM

Amazon:No,If yo want I'll make a return label for this.‎12‎:‎35‎:‎23‎ ‎PM
I am sending a return label to you via email & you can return the package & once we receive the return, you'll get the refund on your card & you'll get an email confirmation

Me:Ok. So let me ask, the return label, does this mean I will NOT have to pay for shipping, or is it just the address that the item gets shipped to?‎12‎:‎36‎:‎45‎ ‎PM

Amazon:No ,You are not charged for shipping.‎12‎:‎37‎:‎56‎ ‎PM

Me:Let me check my email to see if I have that...‎12‎:‎38‎:‎17‎ ‎PM
Amazon:Ok‎12‎:‎38‎:‎28‎ ‎PM

Me:Nothing yet. Just the email with the label for TiVo Roamio Plus HD Digital Video Recorder ‎12‎:‎39‎:‎55‎ ‎PM

Amazon:OK, I am sending the return label for TiVo TCDA92000 TiVo Mini .‎12‎:‎41‎:‎16‎ ‎PM
Please wait for moment.

Me:eek:k‎12‎:‎41‎:‎48‎ ‎PM
nothing yet

Amazon:Its Sent‎12‎:‎45‎:‎12‎ ‎PM
Please check it now.
Is there anything else I can do for you today?.

Me:This is what I just received: Follow the link below to find instructions and a mailing label for returning your TiVo Roamio Plus HD Digital Video Recorder . ‎12‎:‎46‎:‎50‎ ‎PM
and this: Follow the link below to find instructions and a mailing label for returning your TiVo Roamio Plus HD Digital Video Recorder .

Amazon:In that there i another link you can check it .‎12‎:‎47‎:‎43‎ ‎PM

Me:Ok, let me check...‎12‎:‎47‎:‎57‎ ‎PM
Ok, I have a call that I need to take. I will check it out later and will contact later if need be. If not, thank you for the help

QUALTHWAR

Baitshop opening soon.
Apr 9, 2000
Nali City, Florida
web.tampabay.rr.com
There was no separate mailing label. Just a dupe of the first one. I just packaged everything up and sent both back in the same box. Then they say we have the first item, the DVR, but not the mini. I say it was all in the same box. I gave them the printout of the ramblings above and said you people sort it out because this guy has no idea what is going on.

QUALTHWAR

Baitshop opening soon.
Apr 9, 2000
Nali City, Florida
web.tampabay.rr.com
Oh, it gets way more crazy from here:

My cable provider is required by the FCC to provide me with a cable card. They did this and they give me a tuning adapter box as well because they say most people need one; no extra charge. Again, an FCC requirement. Nothing worked.

Cable people came out, blamed the cable wiring and I later found out that the wiring they were pointing at was not in use. It had been cut when different wiring was installed.

I told them my internet keeps dropping out for no reason. They said it’s because the signal is bad and that a dedicated line needs to be run. A guy shows up the next day, without notice, to run the line.

HE THROWS THE LINE OVER THE ROOF.

I don’t know if he nailed it down, and if he did will we get leaks now. If he didn’t, it’s just blowing in the wind. I didn’t hear any pounding such as nailing.

IT GETS WORSE!

Too much to go into, but 3 appointments where someone was supposed to show up but didn’t, No call, no show.

3 appointments where they did come out but did not bring equipment to get TiVo working.

I filed a complaint with the FCC. Then I filed two separate complaints with the State Attorney’s Office. One against my cable provider and the other against the numbnuts they contract to do the work.

Let’s see if I get any action now! Oh, and I think I have tracked down the issue with the TiVo not working. Bad signals coming into the house. Our cable boxes are designed to take very bad signals that are way off by 25 dB plus and minus and still work. Not good, but they work even though there is ghosting and bad pixilation. TiVos are not designed for such loose standards.

QUALTHWAR

Baitshop opening soon.
Apr 9, 2000
Nali City, Florida
web.tampabay.rr.com
With the FCC and the State Attorney’s Office involved, something got done. They caused me grief, but I caused them a whole lot of grief. They had to get their lawyers involved, lots of paperwork, and for what? They may not give a crap about their customers, but they will give a crap about me from now on. Bastards!

Oh, and they sent a guy who could spend the whole day dealing with the issue and he finally fixed everything. Bad cable going to nowhere that was buried giving a bad signal. A line going into a bedroom then through two wall plates to get to the living room TV. He guy said WTF and just ran cable line right to the living room. There was already another line going into that bedroom so there was no need for two lines. Goofy stuff. Most issues caused by previous junkies running cable.

People, don’t let your local cable provider send junkies out to run cable lines.