godd4mned f*cking UT problem :|

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

-=[ CroitiX ]=-

mean people suck, nice people swallow
Sep 19, 2000
www.croitix.f2s.com
Originally posted by Deathmaker
Look! What's that over there!?!?!?!?........................................................................................................................*bump*

OK, it's not Zonealarm and the 4in1's ver4.32 don't help. :(

True...
i dont use a firewall, and those 4in1's didnt worked for me either :(

somebody please help me !!!

DeaJae

taking a month's break
May 7, 2001
England
www.littleportitservices.co.uk
stablize it by disabling sb16 emulation in device manager. then search back thru these forums, i beleive some1 got a bios/windows patch for the 686a chipset to allow sblives to work correctly.

i have abit kt7, sblive combo, just disabled sb16 emulation and it works ok. zonealarm running, and it still throws out 70fps avg.

-=[ CroitiX ]=-

mean people suck, nice people swallow
Sep 19, 2000
www.croitix.f2s.com
Originally posted by DeaJae
stablize it by disabling sb16 emulation in device manager. then search back thru these forums, i beleive some1 got a bios/windows patch for the 686a chipset to allow sblives to work correctly.

i have abit kt7, sblive combo, just disabled sb16 emulation and it works ok. zonealarm running, and it still throws out 70fps avg.

ok i installed that patch, now i dont know what YOU are talking about with disabling the emulation and ****, can u please tell me what to do (step by step), or ICQ me... that would be nice

tnx for ur help mates

Deathmaker

Balanced
Mar 29, 2001
Manchester, England.
DeaJae, disabling DOS emulation doesn't work for me, it was one of the first things that I tried.
CroitiX, right click My Computer/properties/Device manager/Creative Misc Devices, right click SB16 emulation/properties then check the box for disable. Might be worth a try for you.

Thanks for the link Shadow, I'll try that workaround. :tup:

This is the first PC problem that's had me stumped :con: . If I can't sort this one out I'm gonna take my rig out back and SHOOT IT! :D

And thanks for the help guys. :tup:

Clayeth

Classic
Apr 10, 2000
Kentucky
I use to have a problem with games doing that. I have a BE6-2, GF SDR, and SB LIVE! Turns out the SB LIVE! will only work in one specific PCI slot on my mobo. Even though it still has an IRQ conflict with my vidcard, it doesn't cause any problems on this spot. I don't really know WHY it would just do it on that map though. Some other changes I made to get my system un-commonly stable for a windows98 system, was change a bunch of BIOS settings. For example, for a GF card all the video shadowing settings should be off (Video BIOS shadow, Video RAM shadow, etc). check www.tweak3d.net for a list of tested settings.

Deathmaker

Balanced
Mar 29, 2001
Manchester, England.
:( Sigh. Another update: the latency patch doesn't solve the problem either. :(

I reduced the CPU core voltage a while ago to get the temps down a little, so I decided to raise them again thinking the proccy could be a bit under-powered; this didn't work either (although I can now run my 1gig @1.2 stable @ 52C :cool: ).

Clayeth, my comp's setup as per the recommendations here regarding the PCI/AGP slots, although it might be worth yanking out the SBL! & modem and trying them in different slots. :hmm: I have also tweaked the BIOS; my system is rock solid apart from this UT online problem.

The really annoying thing is that this is the only game I play online. When does U2 come out? ;)

Ve7

Rest In Peace
Dec 2, 2000
My friend also had this problem, on Deck 16 only. He identified it finally as a problem with the green goo pool.

Try starting UT in safe mode with no sound andsee if it crashes.