Glass in UT2004

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

dragonflyy

May 27, 2004
I have searched all over the internet and no tutorials on how to make glass (transparent) textures out there. One did give some info on using alpha blending but everytime I try it, it just messes up. Can anyone point me to a tutorial that will help me figure this out, or post instructions for unrealed 3.0?

DragonFlyy

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
^ Not correct. That is used for textures where you don't want it to render as a square (emitter textures like sparks and whatnot). To make a texture transparent you have to supply and alpha channel. I don't remember exactly how to do it in the Editor, but here's what I remember from the reflective water tutorial I went through awhile ago. I had to import a small simple gray texture to myLevel, then open the properties of the texture I want to be transparent, and set its alpha channel to my gray texture. The closer to white the gray texture, the more transparent the final product will be.

I'm not sure how accurate this is since my memory can be faulty, so I'm going to refer you to the Wiki in hopes you can do a search and find what you need. Also, there are glass textures that come with the game if you want to use those.

http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/wiki

X22887

!Crap Mapper!
May 2, 2002
open texture browser
file
new texture
shader
choose base TEXTURE non shader
enter texture'packagename.folder.texturename'
now set a specularity
same way only with an environment map instead of a texture