George W Bush 2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

kiff

That guy from Texas. Give me some Cash
Jan 19, 2008
Tx.
www.desert-conflict.org
I'm not an Obama supporter, but that vid just shows one blunder. He's usually a very good speaker, so really it's not that fair. I do think he should be having the town hall debates, I don't think this is the reason he's not doing them...

The Dopefish

Eat your veggies!
Apr 17, 2000
Springfield, MA, USA
As per usual, this Presidential election cycle will have 3 nationally televised debates, one a week for the next 3 weeks, starting September 26. The second debate will be a town-hall debate. Between campaigning and preparing for these debates, plus the fact that the issues will be pretty well laid out by the end of the third debate, I really don't see the point for any more than that.

Crotale

_________________________ _______________
Jan 20, 2008
Anywhere But Here
I'm curious as to why Obama does not want to debate town hall style. IIRC, this is how Bill Clinton really got momentum going in 1992; he connected with the audience and in doing so, he came off in a very personable way.

I caught Obama's speech today, and according to the Presidential hopeful, nobody's money is insured. I guess he thinks that the simpletons attending his speech are not aware of FDIC. Now, if he was referring to 401k plans, then yeah, he might be right, but only for those who invested solely in mutual stock funds. (Some funds, such as simple equity income funds, are protected to some extent.)

I wonder how Barack would fare if this speech had taken place in a town hall setting in which the audience could question him on the spot?

Edit:/ Okay, the second debate will be a town hall debate. IMO, this should be the deal breaker here. Well, at least, for Obama. I am not too confident at this point that McCain can dominate in such a setting, but you never know.

Last edited:

N1ghtmare

Sweet Dreams
Jul 17, 2005
Where least expected
I think McCain wanted to have the "town hall" debates full of his supporters, which is why Obama did not go.

I could be completely wrong though.

BTW: If all topics debating politics could remain in one thread(sticky?), so others wont complain about it taking over the forum.

Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
I think McCain wanted to have the "town hall" debates full of his supporters, which is why Obama did not go.

I could be completely wrong though.

BTW: If all topics debating politics could remain in one thread(sticky?), so others wont complain about it taking over the forum.

yeah, some kind of forum listed just under Off Topic, called Retarded.
________
Washington dispensaries

Last edited: