'General protection fault!' crash errors...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kyle Kellahshehskee

[^..^]Kyle
Mar 3, 2004
Metro Detroit, Michigan
Alrighty then.

I've gotten QUITE a few of these Error Messages/crashes ever since I've installed the excellent INF MOD-Weapon Pack 1. I have to wonder whether there's some undefined conflict with the P90, because the game seems especially unstable when I'm using it as my weapon.

First, I'll list the muts I had active at the time of the crashes and in the priority I placed them in:

INF MultiMut
INF (Khutan)HiddenSpawns
INF Hunt3--INFProtoBots
yurch-Bullet Sounds with tracers
INF MOD-Weapon Pack 1
yurch-All High Definition Tracers
yurch-All Tracers
Duke-XM8 Weapon
INF-AdditionalEquipment

Here are the error messages that I get once the game crashes to the desktop:

Critical Error

General protection fault!

History::GetAnim <-AActor::processState <-Object INF_M16A4M203leaf
EAS-INF-Skopje_EX.INF_M16A4M203leaf4, Old State State

INFM16A4.INFc_M16A4.NewClip, New State State
INFM16A4.INFc_M16A4.NewClip <-AActor::Tick <-TickAllActors <-ULevel::Tick

<-(NetMode=0) <-TickLevel <-UGameEngine::Tick <UpdateWorld <-MainLoop

OK

------------------------------------------------------

Critical Error

General protection fault!

History: AActor::GetAnim <-AActor::processState <-Object

INF_M4A1RXEAS-INF-Skopje_EX.INF_M4AiRX0, Old State State

SOPMOD_M4.INF_M4A1.DownWeapon, New State State SOPMOD_M4.INF_M4A1.DownWeapon

<-AActor::Tick <-TickAllActors <-ULevel::Tick <-(NetMode=0) <-TickLevel

<-UGameEngine::Tick <UpdateWorld <-MainLoop

OK

Of course, any advice would be greatly appreciated in regards to avoiding these crashes.

Yours!

Kyle

:)

geogob

Koohii o nomimasu ka?
It's the first occurence of GPF with the weapon pack that I heared off. During beta testing we came up with nothing of this sort. If any one else has similar problems, please step out and speak.

In the meantime, perhaps you would like to consider uninstalling and reinstalling the weapon pack.

On the other hand, I see that both errors you report are linked to Skopje_EX. It might be a problem with Skopje_EX and not the pack itself. Can you confirm if or if not it happend without skopje_ex being the previous, current or next map in the rotation?

Kyle Kellahshehskee

[^..^]Kyle
Mar 3, 2004
Metro Detroit, Michigan
Geogob,

This problem isn't solely confined to Skopje_ex. I had it happen to me once on the map set in Iraq where one team has to retreive chemical data files from two locations. I'm sorry that I forgot the map's name. :( Said map has lots of fire and plumes of thick black smoke. Maybe that extra descriptor will help you identify the map.

I'll look up the map's name and post it here later, although I don't think that it plays much of a role in what's happening.

I'm going to redownload the weapons pack from Combatmaps' website, delete the old files, and install the new ones, just to be safe. The new weapons add some much needed variety, and I'd certainly be remiss if the problem lies there.

Kyle

Kyle Kellahshehskee

[^..^]Kyle
Mar 3, 2004
Metro Detroit, Michigan
Geogob,

Yes indeed the map IS called "Iraq," lol. I guess I got lucky on that one.

I haven't had any GPFs ever since I removed Yurch's "All Tracers" and "High Quality Tracers" muts from my active list. Yurch informed me that I already had another one of his muts that ALREADY had those muts active in it, BulletSounds 4.

Maybe these muts were conflicting with one another enough to make the game unstable? Weird. Nevertheless, once I deactivated the "Tracer" muts the problems ceased altogether. I just hope it stays that way.