Gears 2 Hits 3 Mil Mark

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Edge confirms with Mark Rein that Gears of War 2 has just inched past the three million mark, notably faster than Gears took to pass the same milestone.

Meanwhile, IGN points out that Halo 3 remains king of the Xbox LIVE heap, relegating Gears 2 to the second spot. Mark Rein explains in a forum post

"Gears is in second because Halo 3 has been out for over a year and a half and has probably sold nearly 9,000,000 copies by now. So when they offer reduced-priced multiplayer DLC users come back to the game and they get a spike in their user base that [dwarfs] ALL of the other games on Xbox Live - especially new games that have only been out for a few weeks such as Gears of War 2 and Call of Duty: World at War. But being in second is still pretty amazing considering we've only had the time to sell a small fraction of the numbers they have sold."

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Yes Halo 3 remain, also W@W overtook Gears 2. Obviously.
Mean time COD4 will catch up, then maybe L4D. MAYBE.

dub

Feb 12, 2002
Nowadays you have to make excuses for selling 3 million+ copies? :S

StreetPreacher

Mar 10, 2001
Do you hear that? That's the sound of one more nail being driven into the coffin of Epic's support for the PC platform.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Here's what bothers me the most.
They were so full of themselves after what gears 2 really was. It's a problem with Epic Games, they're so unthoughtful about what their game really are in the end.

Cliff: You're waiting in line for the midnight lunch event.
Yes, I wish I hadn't.

Last edited:

StalwartUK

Feb 12, 2008
England
3 million? Most games are lucky enough to even hit 1 million, let alone 3 and yet Epic still has to act ungrateful. Curse Epic's inflated ego.