GD EAS Map List Change

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

{GD}Odie3

You Give Odie a Boner
Nov 19, 2001
Austin Texas
ghostdogs.net
Currently GD EAS has a pretty full map list but I was thinking perhaps less is more...

If you think the Sever's Map list should be reduced please give your thoughts of maps.

I'm thinking of a Rotation of 10 maps.

Mostar
Sandman [either night or day]
Skopje_EX
Chemical Threat
Tuscany
Island
Jerusalem Day
fmKasbah
London City
Avignon [For a fast game]

Suggestions/additions/changes?

Crap, wrong Forums - can someone move to online?

Last edited:

cracwhore

I'm a video game review site...
Oct 3, 2003
Visit site
That seems like a nice list. More or less - the best EAS maps. I think we could do without 'Island' though. Maybe keep 'Frozen' instead?

The only other decent map that comes to mind is 'RtK' - but a lot of people dislike it I suppose.

I always liked 'Peacemaker' too - despite the bugs.

It's hard to remember the names of any other decent maps - maybe I'll post later if I can remember.

Apr 2, 2001
Frankfurt/ Germany
Visit site
I actually don't manage to play enough EAS to really give lots of feedback.

Still I believe the more maps are in the cycle - the better. You offer variety for players to vote.

I personally don't like chemical threat and Island.

I do like Tuscany (day/night), Pankisis and Iraq.

geogob

Koohii o nomimasu ka?
iraq would be a + value. yes. But this map has a single flaw... it's too easy to lock attackers in their spawn without giving them any chance to fight back. And when you play against some of the EAS players out there, it tends to get anoying as they exploit this possibility as much as possible. I guess it's ok, but it doesn't make the map very interesting. It even gets a tad boring.

{GD}Odie3

You Give Odie a Boner
Nov 19, 2001
Austin Texas
ghostdogs.net
Another reason for a smaller cycle is that I believe I saw a post to where new players did not know the maps very well [or at all]. Perhaps with a smaller list it will be easier for new players to get to know the layout.

Burger

Lookin' down the iron-sights...
Aug 9, 2004
Brisbane, Australia
I'd rather smaller maplists, cause it you don't have most of the maps, you spend most of your time (and quota) downloading the maps and not playing.

Maybe have 3 lists of 10 and change them once a week or something.

Last edited: