Gamma setting issue

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sk.7

Jan 31, 2008
Hello everyone,

I have a little problem I'd like to discuss (hopefully in the right forum section).

My desktop is bright as hell so my nVIDIA control panel settings are 50 brightness, 50 contrast and 0 gamma (50 is default) to solve this problem but apparently this setting is killing my games.

For example if I want to make Gears (PC) look as excellent as it should be then I have to set desktop gamma back to 50 and have ingame brightness at around 2-3 and voilá Gears style photorealism. Same with Legendary.

Some if not most games have a complete ingame settings system and they won't depend on desktop settings. Lighting is the essence in modern gaming, bringing bump mapped textures alive and creating atmosphere but Unreal Engine 3 is slowly starting to get on my nerves with this "feature".
I'm also running Vista 64bit, latest drivers. XP had none of these issues if I recall right :mad:

What do you people have your desktop and ingame settings at?