1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Gamespy fail

Discussion in 'Unreal Tournament 3' started by WGH, Jan 21, 2010.

1. WGH

WGH New Member

I was sceptical about opinion that GameSpy ruins the game. But recently I've changed my mind.

In short, this's a bug that makes some servers (roughly one sixth) invisible when the game client is running under limited, non-administrator account. It appeared around November 2009 (so it's a regression), and hasn't been fixed so far.

Epic Games and GameSpy refuse to fix it, despite it's clear that it's their fault. The game hasn't been so much of success, but this thing ruins the game even further.

http://wiki.unrealadmin.org/UT3_ICMP_Fail - technical description (feel free to correct my mistakes)
    http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=708895 - closed thread on Epic Games forum

2. Venom007

Venom007 New Member

I Pointed that out the Day it happened..when they did their so-called "Upgrade" And Flak Banned me for pointing out the obvious...that Gamespy and Now Epic Suck.

I sent them Stupid Packet Captures Etc Etc, I haven't changed anything on my servers/Client in over a year and Now its a "ClientSide" Issue. HAHAHA

What a Joke.

3. GreatEmerald

GreatEmerald Khnumhotep

Ooh, you get more servers if you run it as Admin? Cool! Have to check it out!

4. JohnDoe641

JohnDoe641 Killer Fools Pro Staff Member

UT3 is a joke, the biggest one is that a few people still care about it. :)

5. Bi()ha2arD

Bi()ha2arD Toxic!

Well **** you, I still love this game.

6. Hideinlight

Hideinlight Member

Just not all the hassle involved in getting it to work properly...

7. JohnDoe641

Well **** you too you ****ing ******.

8. UBerserker

UBerserker old EPIC GAMES

hey **** you guys.
    I keep playing this game in some rare occasions but only HOLP DM maps because they are actually the only funny things in the whole Tournament series?!

9. Bi()ha2arD

Bi()ha2arD Toxic!

I only reinstalled the game once since v1.0. Don't know what you are talking about.

10. Princess_Die

Princess_Die Always Out Numbered... Never Out Gunned

You're like the high school senior that can't wait to graduate and runs his mouth on how much his school sucks. Then after graduation ends up hanging out around the outside of the school because he has nothing to do.

There was a post on the admin mailing list that if you create a new login and use a NEW email address that gamespy doesn't have that it fixes the issue. Does anyone know if that does indeed fix the issue?

11. togmkn

togmkn tog-em-kay-en

Well f***ity f*** all a y'all.

I'm guessing that using Xfire's server browser will bypass this problem. I really like using game-monitor.com, though. It shows more servers than Xfire does. It can't determine your ping, but you can have it display only servers within some distance from you. There's another one called gametracker.com that shows some nice server stats (like a pie chart of what maps are played), but it doesn't update as f***ing frequently as game-monitor.

12. JohnDoe641

You're an idiot. :tup:

I was one of the last few long time Unreal veterans that always tried to support the game, from running FragBU to hosting other unreal events, I only gave up on it all four months ago. But go ahead and keep saying silly things and keep playing ****ty ut3.

13. FuLLBLeeD

FuLLBLeeD fart

JD just hatin cause he sux at ut3 naw what im sayin nigga?

14. JohnDoe641

Sup dog? [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 25, 2010
  15. FuLLBLeeD

FuLLBLeeD fart

16. brdempsey69

brdempsey69 Original UT Owns !!

Regardless of what anyone says, you've certainly earned the right to take up the stance you have regarding UT3. I know you tried & tried 'till you were blue in the face & found it was no good, as did my friend, Nick. I still play occasionally, but I understand where you're coming from.

And certainly, that lousy, $@&$ing Gamespy login garbage couldn't have been any help.

I don't know what Epic was thinking. Unreal Tournament is NOT Battlefield 2.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2010
  17. Venom007

Venom007 New Member

Nope It did not..I created all new Logins for My servers and Client still same deal.

18. TWD

TWD Cute and Cuddly

To be frank you should be eternally grateful that long time regulars like JD still care enough to grace you with their presence. The fact that he put up with this crap game for so long is a true testament to how much he cares.

19. WGH

WGH New Member

And now he feels the bitterness because of wasted time and efforts, and trying to compensate it by demotivating others, right?
    To be honest, I feel the same, too.

20. Lostsoul

Lostsoul boobs

Everyone should love JD because he is beautiful!