Gamemake usage

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

nevar10

Sep 26, 2004
Okay I have managed to confuse myself with either too much or too little thinking. :rolleyes:

Say I add JailBreak200x per Imaginos instructions above. I don't really need to use GameMake for that do I? I'm thinking I don't.
Say I don't but if I want to keep it as is AND add a tweaked version with custom weapon, TL etc I would need to use GameMake? And I would need to use an older version that doesn't automatically add the suffix so I could make say a ZarkTL.JailBreak gametype so I don't have duplicate game classes?

hmishima

Sep 10, 2004
The only time you need gamemake, at least in my experience, is when you want to make a game like Excessive Onslaught, where you use the Excessive Mod and the ONS gameclass to build a new game. Games that already have a type don't need gamemake. Just add the jailbreak.jailbreak or whatever.

Imaginos

Deathball addict?
Sep 13, 2000
New Joisey, USA
Visit site
Depends on the situ..

If you want to offer regular vanilla Jailbreak and a zarktl Jailbreak, yes. you need to make a gamemake gametype that uses both the jailbreak gameclass and the mutator(s) that you want in it.

If you don't want to have the vanilla mod available - just your mutated one, use the vanilla gameclass with all the muts that alter it to your liking.