G36K

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Apr 21, 2003
Europe
If you want to improve the G36K, here is your chance:

1) A "hipped" position that in my opinion looks much better.

2) A more "realistic hipped" position, which I would definitively prefer.
Would be even cool if you could choose between both (1 and 2) per .ini setting.

3) The reload position would look much sleeker and cooler then too.

- Would be good if the hipped semi automatic fireing rate (there is to much of a delay between every shot/burst) would be adjusted to normal, but I guess it has to do with animations and is not doable.

- I have a slightly improved texture for it ready.

- A very useful feature if aiming the reflex sight would be, if you put it into a position and hold the aim key it would lock the sight at this position, that way you can look up and down without the huge sight always swaying around all over the screen.

- A faster reloading is needed, seriously, the Inf soldier takes his time, totally relaxed, to pull out the magazine, load a new one and operate the charging handle, totally chilled...
I know it has to do with the aniamtion.

I played with the G36K a bit, I have been always critical to some aspects of it, but in general it is a good weapon, the above said things would greatly improve it. Seriously, I do not care who does it, just do it, please.

Attachments

• 1) Hipped (high).jpg
    1) Hipped (high).jpg
    349 KB · Views: 81
  • 2) Hipped (realistic).jpg
    2) Hipped (realistic).jpg
    355.4 KB · Views: 58
  • 3) Reload.jpg
    3) Reload.jpg
    336.1 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Apr 21, 2003
Europe
6) The scope reticule has some white parts, I think it needs to be completely black.

Attachments

• 6) Improved scope reticule.jpg
    6) Improved scope reticule.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 65
Apr 21, 2003
Europe
Of course, best would be a simulated binocular aim.

7) The weapon is in the engaging position, the binocular aim is simulated as much the engine allows. It is simple and effective. The weapon is at an aesthetically aiming looking position, view is open; the purpose of the reflex sight is perfectly fulfilled.

8) Moving the weapon lower, into the ready position, gives you an absolutely perfect and open view, while the speed of aim remains.

9) Jogging causes weapon sway and keeping the scope in a stable position, so that you see the dot, is not possible. That's why the weapon has a slightly further position beeing more at the right and the dot is not visible.

- A nice effect would be, if during jogging the weapon is swaying and because of this the reflex sight could cross the right eye for a split second and you could see the dot blinking up for a split second and disappearing instantly because the weapon keeps swaying. If you stop or walk the weapon is brought back into the aimed position and the dot appears again.

That would be as real as it gets. FunkyShyte, it's your turn. :p

Attachments

• 7) Binocular aim (engage).jpg
    7) Binocular aim (engage).jpg
    338.7 KB · Views: 61
  • 8) Binocular aim (ready).jpg
    8) Binocular aim (ready).jpg
    351.4 KB · Views: 61
  • 9) Binocular aim (jogging).jpg
    9) Binocular aim (jogging).jpg
    334.2 KB · Views: 61
Apr 21, 2003
Europe
- A feature that could be adjusted is, that bringing the weapon to aim switches it automatically to semi automatic (without that annoying CLICK!!! noice), while getting it back to hipped switches to full automatic. That would solve the problem of slow semi auto in hipped of the G36K.

Man if I was a coder I would rock.

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
I do not suggest weapon improvements, it was just rethorical, though I would want this fix here the most.
I suggested the same for N'kEnNy's G36K's, but it was canceled at the end.

verlatt

... or something like that.
Apr 1, 2006
[sigh] My advice: start coding, man! Those suggestions look nice. Looking forward to it.
Oh, btw: how is your texture pack doing? Any progress?