G11 sighting!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Draco-1

I've been to hell, and I spell it DMV.
Jan 30, 2000
Visit site
knocked my socks off when I recognized it! Sporanos, ep 10, when the kid is talking to the rap star, he notices a display of guns on the wall. The rapper opens one side to take out a DE ('pimped-out' of course). As they turn away, You can make out, though the screen in the other side of the display, a large rifle with a boxy muzzle, thinner on the top, thicker underneath. Not an OICW, but a G11! :)

Oh, anyone know what the other rifle was, on the side that was opened? Looks like a bullpup AK.

The_Fur

Back in black
Nov 2, 2000
www.rlgaming.com
I remembered seeing a bullpup rusian rifle, so i did some digging... is this what you saw?
OC14Groza.jpg

Kaliber, mm: 9x39 SP-6 <../sp-e.htm>, 7.62x39 M43
Action: Gas operated, rotating bolt with 2 lugs
Length, mm: overall: 700 barrel: 415
Sighting range,m: 700
Weigth, g: 3,200 (base config., unloaded)
Magazine, 20rds (9mm), 30rds AK-47 type (7.62mm)
Rate of fire, rds/min: 750
"Groza" (Thunder) OC-14 assult rifle/grenade launcher designed by CKIB SOO (Central Design Bureau of Sporting and Hunting Weapons), located in Tula, Russia, and manufactured by TOZ (Tula Weapons Plant, Russia).
This gun was initially designed for Russian Internal Affairs Ministry special forces as an assault rifle/grenade launcher kit, allowing quick in-field conversions to the following configuration:
- assault carbine (with short barrel)
- assault rifle (with longer barrel and post-type front handle)
- silenced assault rifle
- assault rifle/grenade launcher (for this conversion main fire control handle with triggerguard and triggergroup is removed, and a 40mm grenade launcher with new handle and trigger group is installed; This new trigger group has one trigger for both grenade launcher and rifle, and additional selector lever "grenade/rifle"
All parts necesary for this conversion supplied in one kit, along with carrying case
A 7.62mm version named "Groza-1" was developed for Army SpetzNaz. This version accepts AK-47 standart magazines and may be equipped with standart issue AK-74 bayonet.
Mounts for scopes or night vision devices are available.

NOTE: It fires 9x39mm rounds no sissified 9x19 *cough*mp5*cough* also available in 7.62x39

Crosshairs are for wimps :)

Killing stupid people is not just a hobby, it's a way of life.

Mademanc.jpg

Official World War 2 Online Infiltration pimp

Visit Study and Operations Group the no1 Nam mod in the works.

[This message was edited by The_Fur on Jan 21, 2001 at 17:39.]

Draco-1

I've been to hell, and I spell it DMV.
Jan 30, 2000
Visit site
Oops.. I just took another look. It's an AK-47 with a pitol grip, no stock, and a foregrip. Never mind.. But I'm pretty sure that's a G11 there. Wish he had opened the other side.

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>The_Fur wrote :
assault rifle/grenade launcher designed by CKIB SOO (Central Design Bureau of Sporting and Hunting Weapons)
[/quote]
What kind of animal requires that you hunt it with this kind of thing ? a bigfoot perhaps ? :rolleyes:

There would be nothing left to eat after you shoot the beast with those grenades, now would there ?

- Hindsight is always 20/20 -

Dupre

Code Pimp
May 8, 2000
www.geocities.com
I caught part of Demolition Man last night. The G11 is in there too but they refer to it as some space-age fusion rifle or something like that.