Future Testing

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
I think in future instead of many changes and fixes between each Beta, I will make a maximum of 3 or 4 fixes/additions etc before testing, even if we end up with 100 Beta's :)
In this way we can test UT2Vote better as many things are getting past us.

I think maybe also we should allocate certain tests to certain people else everyone ends up testing 2 or 3 things and the rest gets left out and only discovered after release, what you think of this idea.

44 Beta 1 will be out soon as I have already done quite a bit to it.

PoW

Jul 12, 2004
To give certain things to certain people for testing is ok, imho. But I think we should change the way of testing generally.

Helpful would be i.e. a To-Do or To-Test List with every beta. Furthermore every beta tester could sort his results in the same way (table with number or so) as the To-Do list has. So it is easier to find the test point and its result.

Presently I mainly test everything new which is mentioned in the readme of every beta. All previous things which work before could be overlooked. And very often probs appear where they have not been before.

Maybe it is caused by as I do not know exactly what you, Ben, still changes between each beta, i.e. to add new functions etc. I really have no idea how theses new functions have influence on still existing ones. So as many hints as possible for every changes is helpful to me.

I personally will try to pay more attention also to existing functions in future.

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Ok thats a great input and yes I agree, in future I will give more detail on a change or fix and other things that it could possibly influence or effect.
Maybe if I can keep the Fixes/Changes to say less than 5 in each Beta then everyone can test them all as it should then not be a problem.
There are certain dedications like Clan related stuff which Socke and Nikki normally look into.

tdw-socke

Nov 21, 2003
i agree to you. i just thought about this, and i must say, mostly i just test things regarding brightskinns and of course clanmatch. other things i mostly do only test, if i get pointed on it, so maybe a seperation speeds up things. and a clear list, what to test, and what was changed is important...

this one has grown so fast and so big... and it still works ;)

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
For the want of a better place to put it.
Seeing we need someone who has ONS and AS type knowledge, how about we ask if ArPharazon would like to join our merry team.
He is currently one of my main DuelGame Beta testers.
What say ?

PoW

Jul 12, 2004
As I do not have large knowledge in ONS and AS as I do not play this game types, this sounds very good to me.

tdw-socke

Nov 21, 2003
ons we could test easyly, our ons squad is quite active on my test-server...

but as is a thing we nearly never play :(

frogger187

eat. sleep. frag.
May 2, 2003
i also have it running...but it never gets any play....i think he'd be a good addition...

sh0V3l

Oct 23, 2003
ProAsm said:
For the want of a better place to put it.
Seeing we need someone who has ONS and AS type knowledge, how about we ask if ArPharazon would like to join our merry team.
He is currently one of my main DuelGame Beta testers.
What say ?

ya bring him in he seems ok :)

ive been working my ass off latley is why u havent heard much from me .up at 430am get home at 530 pm dont leave much time for anything but ill do what i can as far as testing

frogger187

eat. sleep. frag.
May 2, 2003
and i am getting ready to move overseas and have not determined what my online status will be there...so...i've been too busy to do much testing save a few games a night..and will possibly be without a server by sept/oct..

Imaginos

Deathball addict?
Sep 13, 2000
New Joisey, USA
Visit site
I'm close to giving up hosting any other mods besides DeathBall.. Nothing else ever gets any play.. Not even the stock gametypes, which I twisted some with gamemake to only show them in the DeathBall browser.

Indeed. Where ye be headed Frogger?

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
mmm Qatar is a pretty cool place, one of the few Arabic countries that recognise English as an international business language.
They have something like 60 channels on TV so Internet should be no problem I should emagine.
You going for good or just extended business.
At least you'll be in our timezone - well almost :)

frogger187

eat. sleep. frag.
May 2, 2003
its a 2-4 year stint... i have found that they have just started offering ADSL..so it should be okay...gonna be tough to get a good ping on our houston servers though ;)