Fun with wood

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Zundfolge

Dec 13, 1999
USA
I made a set of Cocobolo grips for my RAP401 (actually I made them for my brother's RAP440 for Christmas but he doesn't post here so I'm not worried about him seeing them). I've got enough wood to make another set, which I plan on doing for myself.

Anyway, I've been dying to show these babys off, but my brother also posts in all the gun forums I frequent so I'll just have to post them here.

Last edited:

Zundfolge

Dec 13, 1999
USA
I like how the wood feels compared to the plastic grips that came on the gun ... but mostly its just an aesthetic thing :)

jaunty

Apr 30, 2000
The world needs more guns made of wood and metal. I'm getting sick of synthetics.

Zundfolge

Dec 13, 1999
USA
jaunty said:
The world needs more guns made of wood and metal. I'm getting sick of synthetics.
I agree ... even though my primary carry pistol is plastic :p

I'm just going to have to replace the Kahr MK40 I sold to buy my AR-15 ... and get a nice set of wood grips for it as well.

Here in the states the 1911, Sigs and CZs are as popular as ever so there's plenty of metal/wood guns out there ... that and there's this guy in Norway who makes some of the most beautiful grips for CZs (I may have to get a PCR just to have something to put a set of his ambione flame grips on)

Last edited:

Zundfolge

Dec 13, 1999
USA
jaunty said:
Everybody knows Hi-Powers are better than all of those. Silly yank.
Better wasn't the issue, popularity (which leads to availability) was what I was referring to. :D