FTP mirrors all crapped up.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
I can't get things I upload to Insite's section of BU's FTP to go flying magically to the mirrors in FileWorks. This used to take a few hours and be done automatically before the server move, but I uploaded dm-1on1-painkiller.zip to /insite/ut2004/dm/ sometime Sunday evening and none of the mirrors seem to be aware of this yet. I uploaded ctf-vaultcity.zip to /insite/ut/ctf/ at some point Monday and that one's not working either. What gives? Insite is currently on hold because we can't provide download links to newly-reviewed maps. Well, we could, I suppose, by linking the downloads to NaliCity, but ain't no way I'm doing that! :lol:

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
The whole server moved (except for a couple of things) and mirroring had to be setup again. It should be fixed now, fwiw. It may take a few hours for the files to mirror though.

Starry Might

bFemale=True
hal said:
The whole server moved (except for a couple of things) and mirroring had to be setup again. It should be fixed now, fwiw. It may take a few hours for the files to mirror though.
Really? :D *CROSSES FINGERS*

EDIT: Tried to download a skinpack from SkinCity earlier and it still doesn't work. :hmm:

Hopefully it'll be truly fixed tomorrow. :D

Last edited:

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Well, obviously there are a number of loose ends that need to be wrapped up. At the moment, Pete is the only one able to do what needs to be done.

The fix I spoke of in my last post was actually just properly setting ftp permissions. Mirrordir is still not setup and that is the key to getting all of the ftp'ed files to mirror. Today Pete said that he'd get to it ASAP. Apologies for the holdup.

mrbond, that looks unrelated. I'll forward that along as well.

Starry Might

bFemale=True
hal said:
Well, obviously there are a number of loose ends that need to be wrapped up. At the moment, Pete is the only one able to do what needs to be done.

The fix I spoke of in my last post was actually just properly setting ftp permissions. Mirrordir is still not setup and that is the key to getting all of the ftp'ed files to mirror. Today Pete said that he'd get to it ASAP. Apologies for the holdup.
Oh, I see. :)

Hopefully everything will be cool again REAL soon. :D:tup:

Starry Might

bFemale=True
bump.gif

Sorry 'bout that, but the problem's supposedly STILL not fixed!

At least two sites here, SkinCity and Insite, have been crippled by this issue!

And another thing...Nali City supposedly doesn't have that problem (judging from what I've been reading, anyway). What gives? :con:

MassChAoS

echo "NaliCity";
May 23, 2002
www.chaoticdreams.org
NaliCity hasn't been crippled by this problem because NC still resides on the asia server, it wasn't moved for various reasons.

However, Hal, can you make sure Pete's changes don't cripple NC? I would assume that the mirroring settings in place on asia wouldn't change, but just want to make sure.