framerate smoothing?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Jonathan

Mar 19, 2006
Also, turning on Vsync can make your CPU, GPU, etc. run cooler, because it's not rendering useless frames. :)

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
^ Input lag kicks ass.

In other news, when on the connecting screen in UT2004 my system generates 3500+ FPS and my video card starts making whirring noises. I hope that's normal. Usually I hit F2 to open a window so it drops down to ~1500 FPS and stops the noise. D:

Pser

Jan 29, 2008
Also, turning on Vsync can make your CPU, GPU, etc. run cooler, because it's not rendering useless frames. :)
Thats an interesting thought. And also quite original since with Vsync you would want the gpu/cpu to run under full stress or even overclocked, so it never falls under the refresh line. A dilemma. :D

kafros

F1 manta tryouts
Jan 21, 2005
Under Articstronghold's bridge
Seriously, you can't buffer things when you don't know what's going to happen next. The game caches level assets and key gameplay components but it can't do more than that.

UT3 uses on-line stats in real time when you encounter an enemy. It compares your rank and if it is 10X worse it draws ahead the animation of your death. :D