Fraghouse invasion and Server Side Configs

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

{T5K}Nihilist

Jun 3, 2004
Good Day,

Fraghouse invasion is sweet. thanks for a great mod.

I currently have a server setup running it ..however I want to be able to allow users to mapvote between fraghouse and say plain old deathmatch.

I am not sure how to go about this , I have FHI running from its own mod folder, and its own ini.

and here is the command line

server FHI-GreenTower?gametype=FHI.FHI -mod=FHIMod ini=FHIMod.ini log=ucc.log

Thanks

Last edited:

papaschtroumpf

May 21, 2004
I think you can't do that, because it's a mod, not just a different gametype like jailbreak for example.
What's your server address? I'd love to try it out. I've been running an FHI server with the satore monster pack added my my bandwidth is borderline :(

Parser

Hello
May 7, 2002
England baby!
fraghouse.beyondunreal.com
Ok, open up your FHIMod.ini file, and find [Engine.MapListManager]

Plonk this line in:

Games=(GameType="XGame.xDeathMatch",ActiveMaplist="Default DM")

I have no idea as to whether it will work or not, because I don't know how many other features Epic have left the -mod command line out of (it doesn't add it when launching a FHI2k4 v3 dedicated server from the GUI), but feel free to try it nonetheless.

Otherwise, I may have to put my thinking cap on! (Perhaps that UT2Vote program may work?)

{T5K}Nihilist

Jun 3, 2004
its not up quite yet, were just adding rpg and samonsterpack to it now.

were running a vanilla rpg invasion server, but fraghouse is more fun, however if it does not allow mapvoting to another game config, then we may not be able to run it

{T5K}Nihilist

Jun 3, 2004
nah that doesnt work parser, my guess is is that it searches for files and thigns required within the fhimod directory structure as oppose to the entire directory strucure ?

also due to this seperate directory structures, many features do not work. for instance XADMIN control for one

any ideas

Last edited:

{T5K}Nihilist

Jun 3, 2004
it seems to me you would need a voting app that would change the command line ...and this voting app would have to exist within both directory structures and in configs

is there anyway i can merge the two directory structures..will it work merged ? and then forget about the mod command wihtin the command line ?

Last edited:

{T5K}Nihilist

Jun 3, 2004
just gonna run it as a seperate server for now

anyone wants to check it out its at 67.18.85.74

one thing i want to fix is that if a player dies in a wave, he exit and then rejoin the same wave how do i stop that

papaschtroumpf

May 21, 2004
{T5K}Nihilist said:
just gonna run it as a seperate server for now

anyone wants to check it out its at 67.18.85.74

one thing i want to fix is that if a player dies in a wave, he exit and then rejoin the same wave how do i stop that

I pointed that out in a differnt post too. I tried it and it does work, no need to change the player's IP address either so it's got to be a bug.

I'll check your server out sometimes this weekend. I'm still playing with wave configuration on mine, the default in SMP 1.04 is kind of boring (and one on the waves, like wave 4 is all warlords :eek: )

{T5K}Nihilist

Jun 3, 2004
hey a few more questions, I can't run a lot of extra stuff on this server, such as the xadmin web admin system, or any local stat tracking.

I am guessing it got to do with the seperate directory structures. hey fraghosue guys is there any way to merger the directory structures ?

{T5K}Nihilist

Jun 3, 2004
the webadmin works fine, however the xadmin system (advanced web admin) assign uers and change their passowrds and such is not functional

Parser

Hello
May 7, 2002
England baby!
fraghouse.beyondunreal.com
Hmm, I'm not familiar with that. What are the log error messages?

Maybe v3 will fix the problem, since it generates your .ini from previous settings in your default ut2004 folder (I've figured out how to change stuff that needs changing properly now)

Xzen

Jun 13, 2004
Where is the server located... I live in NY and for every server i've seen for FHINV i ping like 180 there :( ... Any luck?