Frag House Invasion play??? please ??

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ChamberJA

Jun 10, 2004
o...k
I used the instally thingy and i installed it....
now i didnt install it in the defualt field but it was in more or less the same UT folder place thingy
PROBLEM!!!
the mod appears in the community section under user mods, however when i click activate, it re runs UT2K4 - as UT2K4... nothing changed

Is this supposed to happen or what help me plz!!!

papaschtroumpf

May 21, 2004
how about you replace "thingy" in the explanation of what you did with the exact values so that we can tell what it is you did, and maybe tell you if it wasn't right?

There should be a batch file in your <whatever>\UT2004\FHMod folder to start the mod, try running it this way to see if it's installed properly.

ChamberJA

Jun 10, 2004
Well the defualt field is d:\UT2004\FHInvasion but my D:\ is a recovery drive,
now my UT folder is:
C:\Games\UT2004\
and all i did was install it into
C:\Games\UT2004\FHInvasion

if the problem was installing it in the wrong place it would appear in the usermods area...

papaschtroumpf

May 21, 2004
The directory is called FHIMod in my installation, I wonder if this is the issue?
I think that the mod name and the directory name must match. I'm not certain about it, but I think that's how UT2004 knows where to look in the first place: if you run UT2004.exe -mod=FHIMod, which is what is in my "Launch FHI2k4.bat" file, I believe it'll cause UT2004 to go look for a folder called FHIMod.
I guess it wouldn't hurt to rename the directory and see what happens.
And you're right, I'm not sure why it would show up in the user mods tab if it's not installed properly.

You can also try and look at your ut2004.log (in your C:\Games\UT2004\System folder, not in the mod folder) and see if you see any error messages. You should see a line like Log: Relaunch: -mod=FHIMod -newwindow showing ut2004 starting the mod.

Maybe Parser will get a chance to read the forums and help otherwise...

Last edited:

ChamberJA

Jun 10, 2004
That first bit did it, it needed to be named FHMod, where i thought it was FHInvasion when i was changing the directory!!!

It works no thanx a bunch m8!! :D:D

-]RONO[-_666

Apr 28, 2004
Heh.. funny to see that ppl still don't like to read before trying something.
Everything you should know to play the mod is in the readme file.

Suggestion: Next time read the readme file before going nuts ARRRRRRRRRRRGHH, IT DOES NOT WORK, HELP HELP! :D
And in (almost) every case it should be solved. ;)