[forums] wtf? no viewing attachments without login?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

arcanex

teh grinning totem
Sep 28, 2001
why?

i like lurking BuF without logging in

i've been doing it for a while now

but this new policy makes it harder =)

RaptoR

been here far too long
May 7, 2000
UK
www.androidcentral.com
arcanex said:
why?

i like lurking BuF without logging in

i've been doing it for a while now

but this new policy makes it harder =)
You can always set yourself to "invisible" mode.

hal is right, though... we're not a free image hosting service. This way we can make sure it's BuF users that are using our services and not just random interwebtards.

arcanex

teh grinning totem
Sep 28, 2001
RaptoR said:
You can always set yourself to "invisible" mode.

hal is right, though... we're not a free image hosting service. This way we can make sure it's BuF users that are using our services and not just random interwebtards.

It's not that I like "lurking" for just lurking's sake, it's that I like using browsers that I wouldn't be able to log in to the forums with. (OB1, dillo) (although I probably still won't login as much with any other browser).

With this new policy, I won't be seeing as much of BuF as I've always been able to.

I know it's probably a matter of conserving bandwidth, but how many interwebtards are you really putting off versus the number of random honest internet users who just want to surf anonymously? Maybe they're just BuF members like me who aren't logged in (or cannot login, as in BITE_ME's case), but even if they're not registered, would you want them to register just to see that one attachment then never come back anyway? Or do we just wanna screw those guys?

This new policy just kinda annoys me the way nytimes.com annoys me by having me login (with fake ids and having to open up Firefox) everytime I need to look over one of their articles.

Or is this some kind of evil plot to teach me a lesson? No more lurking?

If it is, screw you guys, I'm going home. =D