For Server admins: Server Crashing using Claymores

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Derelan

Tracer Bullet
Jul 29, 2002
Toronto, Ontario
Visit site
Cleeus[JgKdo] said:
well, tried it with 60 claymores on JgKdo, didn't crash just lagged
Screw it, you need 99.

Now that the fix is out, its time to reveal (the most effective method of) the bug.
1. Loadout w/99 clays.
2. Deploy a claymore, arm it, set it to your QA button.
3. Crouch, switch speed to 'jog' mode.
4. Hold down your 'forward' key, and while moving, constantly go into your QA menu and deploy a claymore. You may need to time a small delay between deployments. You may need to stop this process to turn a corner or change direction, as you can't turn while doing this.
5. Repeat until all claymores are down, all 99, apparently.
6. Detonate.
7. Connection failed.

{GD}Odie3

You Give Odie a Boner
Nov 19, 2001
Austin Texas
ghostdogs.net
ME? I think Derelan is talking about DbD's Server. Mine is a P4 3.2 *Extreme*, 2GB of Memory, Intel 875P chipset and RAID Zero HD's.

So while my PC is not Top Dog now days I think it should handle most things.

Derelan

Tracer Bullet
Jul 29, 2002
Toronto, Ontario
Visit site
{GD}Odie3 said:
ME? I think Derelan is talking about DbD's Server. Mine is a P4 3.2 *Extreme*, 2GB of Memory, Intel 875P chipset and RAID Zero HD's.

So while my PC is not Top Dog now days I think it should handle most things.
No, we crashed your server.

{GD}Odie3

You Give Odie a Boner
Nov 19, 2001
Austin Texas
ghostdogs.net
Oh well, that is why we have loadLimit now. :p

If 50 did not crash SS Server Beta Server, then it must be due to all the other mutators + the 50 clays going off. Or perhaps SS used a Linux Server and Windows is more likely to allow ucc.exe to crash [that would not suprise me at all].

While you may have crashed my server it should have restarted [ucc.exe runs as a windows service and restarts on a crash].

cracwhore

I'm a video game review site...
Oct 3, 2003
Visit site
Derelan said:
Now that the fix is out, its time to reveal (the most effective method of) the bug...

I'm sorry you feel that way...

1) Load 99 clays.
2) Prime nade.
3) Suicide.
4) Pwned.

Connect Four. I win. Go America!

While we're 'removing features' from 2.9...anybody want to look into the 'feature' where you pick up a clay (not sure if it happens with anything else - but it always happens to me with clays), gain its bulk but don't actually have the item show up in your inventory?