FluXs Thoughts - 26th May 2005

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

FluXs

old skool
Feb 12, 2002
United Kingdom
the problem is that the game is only fun playing with other people, so that means on empty servers you have to hang around for hours until someone joins, then you need at least 5 people, as no one hangs around the server is always empty. and when people see the empty server they don't join, so the end effect is the server stays empty for weeks at a time until the hosts decide its not worth running an empty server and turn it into another CS server.

DA2, we are going to be doing a lot of PR near release to get more people aware and ready to join, back when DA:UT beta 1 was released, on the day of the release the IRC room was flooded with people and there where about 10 servers all full... however that was when the UT community was strong, not like today where there seems to be fewer people playing UT04. Also we gotta time the release right this time. So it doesn't co-inside with some new game like Battlefield 2, as that will drain the online servers for a while, DA1 was released around the time Battlefield 1942 was.

Also now we have also improved the game. AI Bots both now attack and defend, so its not you against 50 bots. However playing on your own against Bots (on both teams) is still hard :) Also the fact you can play PvP as either the attackers or defenders should get more people interested too.

Also I hope to get PC Zone (UK) Magazine on board, its been a while since I talked to the guy in charge of the mod section, but last time they where interested in putting it on the DVD as an exclusive. If we could get the mod on magazines to time for a public release that will be a lot of people who would have the mod ready to install rather than wait 6hrs to dled it, and would be more of an incentive to play I say.

Last edited: